Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How will it end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How will it end?

... this Dail term?
    Will it go out with a bang or a whimper? Will we see it coming or will it all happen by surprise in the space of a few minutes? Who will make it happen?

And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Greens can't walk away. Simply isn't a runner, they know what awaits them at the next election.

So then you're left with either FFers voting against the govt, or the indos doing the same. If I were a betting man I'd say 3 months after the last by election when an Indo asks for something the govt simply can't give them and throws the toys out of the pram. So oooooooh July next year.

Which, honestly, would still be amazing. The fact that FF have managed to keep limping on to almost a full term really is astonishing.

Unless Cowen goes for whatever reason and the annoint Lenihan who immediately calls an election. Which would be interesting if nothing else.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster View Post
    ... this Dail term?
    Will it go out with a bang or a whimper? Will we see it coming or will it all happen by surprise in the space of a few minutes? Who will make it happen?

And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-pywHFUbGw]YouTube - Tom Waits - Hows It Gonna End[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so far we have Indo pulls plug and Lenihan seeks new mandate.
    If you had to plump for one of those Sync?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster View Post
    Ok so far we have Indo pulls plug and Lenihan seeks new mandate.
    If you had to plump for one of those Sync?
    Indos and a couple of FF backbench tuna break from the shoal and refuse to back the government. July 2011.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me list a few options:
    (1) Government loses a series of Dail votes. If they really wanted to they could tighten things up in the whip's office and struggle along. But they decide enough is enough and come out with their hands up.

(2) Budget stinks and Paddy McWhackery from Ballygobackwards who no one ever heard of before walks into the Nil lobby. Game over.
    Point of information: lose budget vote = election.

(3) Brian Lenihan stands down due to ill health (I hope not. Whatever you think of him, I don't wish cancer on anyone). After 3 by-election losses that spells game over.

(4) Paul Gogarty crosses the floor. But he'd have to be mad to do that I hear you say. What, our Paul?

Gimpanzee

I'm going out on a limb here but my prediction is a GUBU moment will be needed, as the weight of general political pressure seems to be propping this one up rather than bringing it down. How about:

Some minister found wandering in a dazed state around some public place with no trousers, but still wearing shoes and socks with diamonds up the sides, leading to the press uncovering a sordid tale of animal cruelty and Russian gangsters centred around a tanning salon in a county town.

Remember where you hear it first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here but my prediction is a GUBU moment will be needed, as the weight of general political pressure seems to be propping this one up rather than bringing it down. How about:

Some minister found wandering in a dazed state around some public place with no trousers, but still wearing shoe and socks with diamonds up the sides, leading to the press uncovering a sordid tale of animal cruelty and Russian gangsters centred around a tanning salon in a county town.

Remember where you hear it first.
    I heard Ukranian.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    ...Some minister found wandering in a dazed state around some public place with no trousers
    hmm. Coughlan or Harney? But surely not hanafin!?
    “A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living” R. Steiner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I heard one recently about a pregnant au-pair, but I doubt it would cause The End.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast