Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mary White in racism row!

Default Mary White in racism row!

Today I was listening to news talk, were they had a councillor Paddy Kiely speaking after he had a row over refugees in Ireland. Mary White at the meeting accused him of racism and called for his resignation. after he said we should tighten out refugee laws especially under the current economic situation. he feels we should look after our own first. that we should be using houses in NAMA for people on the housing list first and foremost.

found this article and podcast
    Racism row as councillor says
    Newstalk 106-108fm Media Player

I personally think he has a point, we should look after our own first then look after refugees. also we should speed up the process and figure out those who are in dire need from those chancing their arm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you think that "White is right"?

and who's the racist?
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

I said he is right, so no I don't think Mary white is right nor do I think any one was being racist.

Read the article and listen to the podcast!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stifling debate on immigration or other issues by immediately playing the racism card has become quite common recently. I remember a few years ago a UK journalist was on RTE radio discussing the welfare of black footballers in England and was jumped all over with accusations of racism by Des Cahill. Cahill really came out of it looking a lightweight moron, no surprise there.

Not sure what my point is, maybe I'm afraid to make one in case I get jumped on too....

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Odd that, where does the word "immigrant" infer that the person is of another race? If anything, the person who assumes all immigrants are of another race is the one exhibiting the most evident signs of racism.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by markjbloggs View Post
    Stifling debate on immigration or other issues by immediately playing the racism card has become quite common recently. I remember a few years ago a UK journalist was on RTE radio discussing the welfare of black footballers in England and was jumped all over with accusations of racism by Des Cahill. Cahill really came out of it looking a lightweight moron, no surprise there.

Not sure what my point is, maybe I'm afraid to make one in case I get jumped on too....
    I know what you mean, I do think she over reacted though and it was uncalled for accusing him of racism.

truth of the matter is,he said what an awful lot of people are thinking. that does not mean we are racist for thinking it, just that we should prioritise and look after our own first.
    creeping way to hide!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timetochange View Post
    I said he is right, so no I don't think Mary white is right nor do I think any one was being racist.

Read the article and listen to the podcast!
    sorry i was poking fun at racists and mary white...

i'll have a listen later...
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accusing people of racism is generally shorthand for saying 'I have absolutely no argument to offer, so I am going to try & shut the conversation down completely by name calling - a tactic which worked quite well for me in junior infants'.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    sorry i was poking fun at racists and mary white...

i'll have a listen later...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mary White should get out along with a news camera and ask the people whose money she is happy to trouser what they think.

She won't of course.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast