Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farmers against fox hunting:

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Farmers against fox hunting:

The Farmers Against Fox Hunting and Trespass group is staging a protest at the Department of Agriculture today in support of a ban on fox hunting.

The group supports drag hunting on a defined route. It claims the “vast majority” of farmers did not want hunts on their land.

Here's the details of today's protest:

Farmers protest against fox-hunting - The Irish Times - Wed, Oct 13, 2010

The following is a leaflet about the group:
    [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/17651383/Farmers-Against-Foxhunting-and-Trespass-Leaflet"]Farmers Against Foxhunting and Trespass Leaflet@@AMEPARAM@@document_id=17651383&access _key=key-2s8bxnhamla56g82ibk&@@AMEPARAM@@17651383@@AMEP ARAM@@key-2s8bxnhamla56g82ibk[/ame]

Interesting to see a coalition of farmers that support a ban on hunting.
    Last edited by rubensni; 13th October 2010 at 04:44 PM.
    "The war against drugs is unique in all conflict: we can win it, simply by ceasing to fight it."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rubensni View Post
    The Farmers Against Fox Hunting and Trespass group is staging a protest at the Department of Agriculture today in support of a ban on fox hunting.

The group supports drag hunting on a defined route. It claims the “vast majority” of farmers did not want hunts on their land.

Here's the details of today's protest:

Farmers protest against fox-hunting - The Irish Times - Wed, Oct 13, 2010

The following is a leaflet about the group:
    Farmers Against Foxhunting and Trespass Leaflet

Interesting to see a coalition that supports a ban on hunting!

What percentage of farmers does this organisation represent?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Little known fact, farmers don't like fox hunting.

When people talk about 'rural Ireland wants to hunt', farmers don't want their fences trampled and stock scattered by marauding packs of horses and hounds.

In any event, its far easier to burn the foxes out of the set and bash him with a shovel. Far more cost effective than horses and hounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm in support of their aims, but honestly, a little dignity please. Although I suppose if you don't dress up you don't get the photo, or the attention you want. Still, if this was the best shot it's unintentionally hilarious.

The groups been around for a couple of years, no idea how many members. Their Myspace page might have it.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Odyessus View Post
    What percentage of farmers does this organisation represent?
    a very small %. the ifa supports hunting. i hunt, all the land i hunt on is owned by farmers that give me permission to hunt away. they are quite happy to see someone hunt foxes for em. i hunt hounds on foot not horse back. hunting wouldnt exist if farmers were against it. alot of hunters are farmers them selves

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The majority of fox hunters are elitist and landowners.

Why we continue to have a disgusting sport that was started by the British landowner class is beyond me.
    The people who participate in this are generally descendants of this lineage.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smitchy2 View Post
    The majority of fox hunters are elitist and landowners.

Why we continue to have a disgusting sport that was started by the British landowner class is beyond me.
    The people who participate in this are generally descendants of this lineage.
    bxll************************. i hunt hounds on foot, most hunting in ireland is on foot not horse back. all men i've met through hunting are working class or small farmers, certainly not landed gentry. there some of the horse brigade that are of the gentry type but cant tar every one that hunts as brit ruling class, in fact i hunt sometimes with lads along the border who wouldnt like it one bit to be called british ruling class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I'm in support of their aims, but honestly, a little dignity please. Although I suppose if you don't dress up you don't get the photo, or the attention you want. Still, if this was the best shot it's unintentionally hilarious.

The groups been around for a couple of years, no idea how many members. Their Myspace page might have it.
    There seems to be more placards than people.

Mind you, the three ladies in the front are kind of cute in an odd menopausal way... because.... THEY'RE FOXY!!!.... (Boom, boom... Tiscccch....)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For Fox Sake
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my experience farmers are not so much against fox hunting, but against people on horses trampling all over their land. A lot of fox hunting is done over the winter and spring. Land is generally wetter and softer over winter and spring so its easier damaged by horses hooves.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast