Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $10 Oil? Mike Maloney Schools Bankers on Deflation, Gold and Silver

Default $10 Oil? Mike Maloney Schools Bankers on Deflation, Gold and Silver

Interesting speech/presentation given in Russia

Part 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzef43gdupk]YouTube - $10 Oil? Mike Maloney Schools Bankers on Deflation, Gold and Silver (Part 1 of 2)[/ame]

Part 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrrzsrb-wg]YouTube - (PART 2!) $10 Oil? Mike Maloney Schools Bankers on Deflation, Gold and Silver[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Found an article on Forbes about it. It is a fairly plausable argument he makes. The Arabs did get their fingers burnt during the oil crisis of the 70s big time. Even in Ireland we looked to Kinsale to fufil a lot of our energy needs and even a lot of people looked to LPG powered cars.
    $10 Oil? - Forbes.com

I think its a somehow unlikely scenario though. I don't think there is that much dinosaur juice left in the ground thats economically viable to pump

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I very much doubt if oil will fall to 10 dollars a barrel. I think 80 dollars plus more realistic and it is prices at that sort of level that make alternatives doable.

We need to get used to the concept of more expensive energy and the ramifications.

Hyperinflation is the inevitable consequence of all these loonie tune central bank schemes to control the money supply of a country.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Hyperinflation is the inevitable consequence of all these loonie tune central bank schemes to control the money supply of a country.
    yeah, the presentation is more about money supply and fiat currency rather than an emphasis on the price of oil. very interesting stuff he's saying.

worth a watch if you haven't already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Allworthy View Post
    I very much doubt if oil will fall to 10 dollars a barrel. I think 80 dollars plus more realistic and it is prices at that sort of level that make alternatives doable.

We need to get used to the concept of more expensive energy and the ramifications.
    Its plausable to have an oil bubble similar to a property bubble. In terms of currency value probably oil should be gagued against gold as Hyperinflation is a likely scenario uin the coming few years. Then again as times are changing Lithium could be the new gold and copper the new silver.

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacc View Post
    Its plausable to have an oil bubble similar to a property bubble. In terms of currency value probably oil should be gagued against gold as Hyperinflation is a likely scenario uin the coming few years. Then again as times are changing Lithium could be the new gold and copper the new silver.

There may be a bit of over pricing as money drifts around looking for a home, but I don't think there is any substantial overpricing in oil. Demand in emerging markets is growing.

Agree that inflation is likely, would go further and say it could well be desirable.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Did you watch the clips? Is this guy right or is he nuts? He would seem to be your brother in pessimism.

Quote Originally Posted by deiseguy View Post
    Did you watch the clips? Is this guy right or is he nuts? He would seem to be your brother in pessimism.
    He's very bearish alright.

Probably has an enormous short position in some hedge fund somewhere..

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, well if Maloney is right, could we be forced to nationalise Shell's project in Mayo?
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast