Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eoghan Harris gets his come uppance

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Eoghan Harris gets his come uppance

Was just watching Senate live. Eoghan Harris made an impassioned speech attacking the public sector, backed strongly by Marc McSharry ( whom Harris touts as a future FF leader) Senator Buttimer then spoke and made a savage attack on Harris for supporting FF and Bertie on LLS for his " thirty pieces of silver", and accused him of attacking nurses, teachers, guards etc. Harris reacted in a rage, Cathaoirleach had a job to restore order. It was a spectacle to behold.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised that Harris was actually in the Seanad. His attendance record is one of the worst in the house.

Still, he earns almost twice the average public sector salary for a few hours work per month. Nice, if you can get it.

He boasted about his crucial role in swinging the last election for Bertie and Biffo, and was rewarded by Bertie with a seat in the house at our expense. Harris then launched his personal vendetta against all public sector workers, describing them as "the real delinquents" in the collapse of the economy. Nothing to do with Bertie and Biffo, and the cheerleader "wot won it" for them. Nothing at all. It was the nurses and the teachers who ruined everything.

It made me sick to hear him on some radio show (can't remember) demanding to called 'Senator'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Was just watching Senate live. Eoghan Harris made an impassioned speech attacking the public sector, backed strongly by Marc McSharry ( whom Harris touts as a future FF leader) Senator Buttimer then spoke and made a savage attack on Harris for supporting FF and Bertie on LLS for his " thirty pieces of silver", and accused him of attacking nurses, teachers, guards etc. Harris reacted in a rage, Cathaoirleach had a job to restore order. It was a spectacle to behold.
    Harris was in his element I'm afraid. He loves a bit of theater, blowing smoke out his butt that's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do hate all the attacks on public servants. They are our brother sisters cousins and friends. But we can't afford to pay them as if the taxes were still rolling in from the bubble. That's not their fault and why wouldn't they be ticked off over the situation.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to think if i had been appointed to anything by the disgraced former
    Toiseach I would have enough character to resign my appointment, or at least have enough intelligence or shame to sit in the corner and keep my mouth shut.Does Harris really thing he has the right to speak for anyone other than Bertie
    and we know where he is stuck at the moment,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Harris is a worn-out, tiresome, repetitive, predictable wind-bag with as good a grasp of economic reality as a haddock. He gets more attention than he merits because he can always be guaranteed to take a 'controversial' (i.e. clueless) stand on current affairs, offering a view that most intelligent people will have already considered and dismissed.

His and Celia (that money was just resting in my account) Larkin's pieces in the Sindo are the two I religiously avoid reading.

Whatever they're paid, even in Dunnes Stores food vouchers, is too much.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dd

I didn't know C Larkin wrote for the sindo. What the hell is wrong with this country.

FF still get 25% of the vote and over 200,000 buy a shameless FF crony paper every week.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Harris is a worn-out, tiresome, repetitive, predictable wind-bag with as good a grasp of economic reality as a haddock.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast