Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eamon on the Conference Circuit!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Eamon on the Conference Circuit!

Does anyone know why Eamon Ryan more that any other Minister speaks at so many conferences: YouTube - MinisterEamonRyan's Channel

Is he hoping that someone will notice him and have a job sorted out for him before he loses his seat??

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell me about it, I've being trying to get him to answer some correspondence for years now.

It would appear there is one law for Eamo and one for the minnows under his departments customer charter.

Or maybe he's trying to stay away from his colleagues because I have their head wrecked about the low standards he's enforcing on his political appointees.

Try asking any of the Greens about corruption in the CER and see what answer you get

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Politicians should have serious curbs put on the number of public appearances/speech dates as possible. They will show up at the opening of an envelope to say a few words.

No wonder they are so "busy".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ryan certainly talks the talk.

I've heard him speak at Plan Expo last year in the RDS and he speaks to the motion, he hardly ever mentions or puts down other parties, just talks about the task at hand.
    I have to say I was impressed - and I don't impress that easily - more by what he didn't say than by what he did say.

And nope I'm not a member of any political party.
    They all suck and the independents are a shower of mé féiners.

ONQ.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heard him Monday night talking about his plans for a Public Forum on the digital economy. He knows what he is talking about and wasn't afraid to list the things he didn't know or wasn't sure about which is unusual......

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with getting out there and speaking, unlike other portfolios he's getting his aims across.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd prefer to have him out somwhere yapping and staying away from corridors of power before he does any more damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dse123 View Post
    Nothing wrong with getting out there and speaking, unlike other portfolios he's getting his aims across.
    Agreed. Our politicians should be advocates for their points of view.

You will never hear someone from the big two talking about what they actually believe, because it's normally nothing.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you lads having a laugh.... "advocates for their points of view." Try getting broadband outside the Pale, or trying to get his precious alternatively generated energy connected to the national grid.

The man lives in a dream world ...but to be honest I'd rather him out and about at conferences advocating his nonsense world vision than in his office doing harm. Get the bets in lads ... history ... and the only job he'll be getting is back flogging bicycles from the Ma's shed:

Green Party Seats - Irish Government Betting Odds - Paddy Power

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually having heard the mindlessly regurgitated FF tripe he was spouting last night on Prime Time... I'd rather he just stick to the conference circuit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast