Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Lesbian Couple Expecting Quintuplets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Brisbane Lesbian Couple Expecting Quintuplets

Quintuplets for Brisbane Couple Melissa Keevers Rosemary Nolan

Ah . . . slight error there. ONE of the lesbians is expecting quintuplets. The other parent doesn't want to know about his developing children.
    Last edited by unicorn; 12th October 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: .
    Who would want green "one of the mob" ratings? Red and proud!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Quintuplets for Brisbane Couple Melissa Keevers Rosemary Nolan

Ah . . . slight error there. ONE of the lesbians is expecting quintuplets.
    God help the children of the future or at least some of them that have to endure walking in on daddy pumping daddy in the bum when him or her is only 7years old.

A grotesque social experiment with serious consequences for the mental well being of our future children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    God help the children of the future or at least some of them that have to endure walking in on daddy pumping daddy in the bum when him or her is only 7years old.

A grotesque social experiment with serious consequences for the mental well being of our future children.
    Wait you think gay couples are more likely let their children see them having sex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster View Post
    Wait you think gay couples are more likely let their children see them having sex?
    Wait it's worse. You seem to be suggesting that childeren are being deliberately exposed to their parents having sex, as some sort of experiment?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster View Post
    Wait it's worse. You seem to be suggesting that childeren are being deliberately exposed to their parents having sex, as some sort of experiment?
    So having two men raising a girl and a boy from infancy is not some sort of sick ultra liberal experiment with no regard for the social and psychological consequences of the children?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So having two men raising a girl and a boy from infancy is not some sort of sick ultra liberal experiment with no regard for the social and psychological consequences of the children?
    Have you a similar difficulty with two women raising a child?

PS, there is no peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence (which is the convincing kind, scientifically) that children of same sex parents fair any worse than those of opposite sex parents. The only evidence of that sort would show that children of single parents fair worse.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post

PS, there is no peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence (which is the convincing kind, scientifically) that children of same sex parents fair any worse than those of opposite sex parents. The only evidence of that sort would show that children of single parents fair worse.
    it would be detrimental to the childs psychological well being.

gays im my opinion should share the same rights as all heterosexual couples but this one is a step to far which will lead to lot of fecked up children.

and yes, i share the same degree of difficulty with two women raising a child as i do with two men in a similar situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post

There is actually peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence, a new study done on the families of lesbian parents which found Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers The finding is based on 78 children who were all born to lesbian couples who used donor insemination to become pregnant and were interviewed and tested at age 17.

The new tests have left no doubt as to the success of these couples as parents, says Nanette Gartrell at the University of California, San Francisco, who has worked on the study since it began in 1986.

Source: Newscientist.com - Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers

+ all of the other peer reviewed studies have come up (but you refuse to accept) with the same result that children of same sex parents fair no worse than those of opposite sex parents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok you're backing away from my question about letting children see the parents having sex. By that I presume you realise the idiocy of what you said and wish to withdraw it. Fair enough we'll drop it.

On the subject of same sex parenting, I'm trying to figure out how it is worse than single parenting. Surely 2 parents are better than one? My father died at an early age and I'd say my family suffered for the want of a bit more parenting, not to mention my mother's attempts to both raise us and earn some money, without either help or any love or affection.

A close relation of mine was left single with 3 children. Since she entered a stable relationship with another woman, she's happier, the children are happier, and everyone is better off.
    A sick ultra liberal experiment??? Maybe the sickness you percieve is coming from within.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USER1234 View Post
    There is actually peer reviewed, longitudinal evidence, a new study done on the families of lesbian parents which found Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers The finding is based on 78 children who were all born to lesbian couples who used donor insemination to become pregnant and were interviewed and tested at age 17.

The new tests have left no doubt as to the success of these couples as parents, says Nanette Gartrell at the University of California, San Francisco, who has worked on the study since it began in 1986.

Source: Newscientist.com - Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers

+ all of the other peer reviewed studies have come up (but you refuse to accept) with the same result that children of same sex parents fair no worse than those of opposite sex parents

is there any studies done on two men raising a child?

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast