Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pension Fund now spent??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pension Fund now spent??

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan will use a €20bn cash pile to stave off a Greek-style rescue, as the Government taps the funds to avoid paying record rates to borrow.
    Government to use cash pile to avoid record borrowing rates - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

The article does NOT say where the money came from. Has the pension fund now been spent? I was not aware the government had an extra 20 Billion Euro laying about.

Also Lenihan is to go to America to seek investment in Ireland.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    I was not aware the government had an extra 20 Billion Euro laying about.
    Did you check?
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Thank god for FF. Where would we be without them?
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Did you check?
    If they had why all the bond auctions?
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they had why all the bond auctions?
    You know all the lads here who keep telling us how large the national debt is?

Well, this is part of the stuff they never mention, the cash pile and the pension fund.

I don't know why they never mention it, maybe they just forget or maybe they don't know about it to begin with.
    It's really hard to say, isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post

Well, this is part of the stuff they never mention, the cash pile and the pension fund.

I don't know why they never mention it, maybe they just forget or maybe they don't know about it to begin with.
    I do hope you are not seriously suggesting, tonic old boy, that we use the pension reserve fund to pay off the debt?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The national debt is always quoted Net of any cash pile.

So, even though we won't borrowing any more money over the next few months, our national debt will contiue to rise, as we spend down the cash pile.

Ex Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Government to use cash pile to avoid record borrowing rates - Irish, Business - Independent.ie

The article does NOT say where the money came from. Has the pension fund now been spent? I was not aware the government had an extra 20 Billion Euro laying about.

Also Lenihan is to go to America to seek investment in Ireland.

But what about the Jobs Mary waa going to get us in America? What about the jobs from Europe we were promised by voting yes?

FG and Labour should issue a joint press statement stating they will have nothing to do with the Greens and FF and should they want their ideas for the budget then call a GE.

They should also thorugh into the statement that FF and the Greens are destroying this country and will plunge Ireland into poverty and ruin for years.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by makingjam View Post
    The national debt is always quoted Net of any cash pile.
    No it isn't.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So why bother with the Pension pretence, it is just a slush fund?

The National Pensions Reserve Fund was established in 2001 to meet as much as possible of the costs of Ireland’s social welfare and public service pensions from 2025 until at least 2055.
    http://www.nprf.ie/Publications/2010...essRelease.pdf
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast