Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kildare North

Default Kildare North

I noticed that the other Kildare threads I created are still left out on their own.

Anyways...

I saw on the Week in Politics last night that Coveney said Scully was a candidate for Kildare North.

Is this true? I thought they hadn't picked candidates yet?

I wonder what Tony Lawlor has to say about this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the convension has not been held as far as i know. But wud make sense that durkan and scully are the tickets. Rather then running a cold person. There is a seat up here for grabs. The 2nd FF one it will most likey go to murphy but scully has been building up a base so i would think he has a better hope of getting it then lawlor
    “We’re in this mess, not because Fianna Fáil policies have failed, but because they have succeeded.”
    Enda Kenny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG Convention

Any word on the FG big night?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Any word on the FG big night?
    Spoke to a few people about this around Naas and nobody knows.

But it looks like Scully will be the candidate going by his recent media appearance. I suppose in fairness, he'll be in with a good shot. He did pretty well in 2007, especially in Naas town.

Also I heard that James Lawless in FF gave the speech at Bodenstown last week. Is he next in line behind Fitzpatrick and Brady? If there's an election soon and Fitzpatrick isn't fit enough to run, they'll also probably be looking to select candidates soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well laless would have hte same general geographic base as fitzpatrick, and would also pull in votes from naas town.
    Scully woud #ld also have naas town
    "Sometimes the best thing a government can do is simply get out of the way"-Vince Cable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

heard a story from a pretty good source, Brady (FF) will not be standing in the next election. lets see what happens.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dang, I was so looking forward to putting her at the bottom of the ballot paper.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If brady and fitz didn't run that'd leave FF with alot of ground to make up who would they run instead?

Durkan should be returned .what are skullys chances here he was close last time out he shud get in

are the rumours of Staggs retirement founded at all? who would take over the lab reins to run for a seat? in areas where they have one seat eg wicklow and uptons area are they still running two or one?

this constituency could be very interesting is three out of 4 tds were retiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LgCastell View Post
    are the rumours of Staggs retirement founded at all? who would take over the lab reins to run for a seat? in areas where they have one seat eg wicklow and uptons area are they still running two or one?

this constituency could be very interesting is three out of 4 tds were retiring
    McGinley already selected to run with Stagg. Have heard stories of him canvassing activly in north of KN.

The delay in FG selection would seem to suit Lawlor over Scully as his supporters become eligable to vote so I understand. Personally reckon running Lawlor will gift a seat to Murphy.

If the Brady(Kitt) rumour is correcty then KN will be an FF free zone post the election with LP certain of 2 & FG probably also on 2 but with Murphy close.
    Nationally that type of retirement would leave FF on 22-26 seats on current polling

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A source ( admittedly Labour ) assures me that McGinley is in a very strong position.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast