Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B Hayes and C Lenihan open to National Government

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default B Hayes and C Lenihan open to National Government

Minister open to concept of National Government | BreakingNews.ie

"I have no problem with the concept of a national (Government)," said Minister Lenihan.

"So that would naturally mean the dissolution of this Government and the formation of a new Government. That could happen before the election or after the election."

“At the end of the day, the only way the Irish people can support that four-year package is by way of a General Election.

“I would see the potential of an election, and after that, possibly, a national government at that stage.

“I think it would be impossible to have a national government in advance of a general election.”
    Read more: Hayes: Cross-party coalition 'makes sense' | BreakingNews.ie

Is it only a matter of time and can it happen without a General Election? What would the cabinet look like?
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not believe it will be a big issue for either of them,neither of them of them have cabinet ability at the moment and will not be at the table anyway

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    I do not believe it will be a big issue for either of them,neither of them of them have cabinet ability at the moment and will not be at the table anyway
    Sometimes, just sometimes, politicians think about more than themselves.
    Open yourself up to the possibility.

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, but Cowen has to resign as Taoiseach and the Tánaiste has to go too. Mary Harney must relocate to the opposition benches and stay there for the rest of her political career.

Furthermore, no FF'er can be Taoiseach.
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Regime Change In Progress? There's bound to be a bit of frustration at Worzel Gummidge after the FG President's Dinner thingy.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the only way we would be able to tackle the vested interests. Time now for a national government of the best talents we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see what's in it for anyone.

It's not going to happen this side of a GE, nor should it (though agreement about fiscal adjustments would be welcome). After a GE, why would FF limp along as a junior partner in a national government, rather than licking its wounds on the opposition benches and attacking Lab/FG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is about putting feelers out to Labour post the next GE

If they have the largest number of seats then they might be prepared to offer FF a minority share of Cabinet positions

- as an alternative of going with FG under an even more Right Wing Leader.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    After a GE, why would FF limp along as a junior partner in a national government, rather than licking its wounds on the opposition benches and attacking Lab/FG?
    Because it's the patriotic thing to do. I agree, unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    This is the only way we would be able to tackle the vested interests. Time now for a national government of the best talents we have.
    We would have to elect those talents first. Unless you mean " the best talents we have available in the Dail right now" which is a completely different thing.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast