Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No FF seats in Cork North West - poll?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default No FF seats in Cork North West - poll?

John Burns from the Sunday Times has just tweeted that a poll says FF would lose ALL its seats in Cork North West and win no seats.

Has anyone seen the Sunday Times yet for details?
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There must be horrendous figures coming out of polls for FF if they are losing seats in places like that
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    There must be horrendous figures coming out of polls for FF if they are losing seats in places like that
    I can't see this happening tbh ... I can assure you there are plenty die hard FFers in CNW as there have always been

Tribal FF/FG as a Constituency.

If this were true one would presumably be looking at 2FG 1 Lab.

Nah .... CNW will next Election have 2FG and 1FF. No way will the FF vote collapse enough for there not to be at least one FFer returned (possibly Moynihan)

Politics.ie Member DeGaulle 2.0's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FF got 53.05% in Cork North West at the last election - I know there are boundary changes but if this is true then only Brian Cowen is safe.
    Vive le Québec libre ! Ag beathú na dtochardán ón mbliain 2007.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just had a look at the constituency result from 2007 on ElectionsIreland. So FG should get two seats going and Labour one? But Labour only got 4.9% of the vote in 2007. I suppose they could at least treble that.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | Wikimedia Commons |
    #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

even the dogs on the street know that Batt O'Keeffe will lose his seat - but Moynihan will hold his.

Creed (FG), Coughlan (Lab) and Moynihan(FF) will be elected based on the current polls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tommy
    that certainly is excellent news, and hopefully it will be replicated across the nation

but as an aside
    you stated here the other evening that the cock had missed important engagements while on her mission to create jobs in the us of a
    when questioned about this, you proceeded to go mute
    now it may happen that your granny died or you had a call of nature to attend to, and that would be acceptable
    however
    i would appreciate if you could clarify your comments about the deputy pm
    i would hate to have to consider you an fg lacky and teller of mis-truths
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is Batt O'Keeffe's constituency as well. It contains Ballincollig which is really suburban Cork so it is not entirely rural.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    Just had a look at the constituency result from 2007 on ElectionsIreland. So FG should get two seats going and Labour one? But Labour only got 4.9% of the vote in 2007. I suppose they could at least treble that.
    Coughlan gave it a good run at the time of the Spring tide in 1992 plus it is now more urban with the Ballincollig area in North West. It is plausible that they could win a seat on current national polling.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast