Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron rejects the idea of Self Determination for Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cameron rejects the idea of Self Determination for Ireland

David Cameron, speaking at the Tory Conference, has rejected the idea that the Irish people have the right to determine our own future, and has given the lie to claims that Britain has no selfish or strategic interest in Ireland. He said: “When I say I am prime minister of the United Kingdom, I really mean it. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland – we're weaker apart, stronger together, so together is the way we must always stay.'' The "Celtic Fringe" MUST be kept under Anglo-Saxon domination to guarantee England's position as a world power.

So much for the lies about the GFA giving us real self determination. In a statement, Breandán MacCionnaith, noting this admission of imperial intent on the part of the British state has said: “Yet again, it falls to Irish republicans to point out that Britain has no right in Ireland, never had any right in Ireland and never can have any right in Ireland. All the posturing in the world by British prime ministers cannot change that fact."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Briege Meehan Babysitting View Post
    Who's pays for Brendan McKenna's food, clothing, housing, etc on a fortnightly basis?

Answers on a postcard.

Are you such a sectarian bigot that you had to translate his name into English?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Briege Meehan Babysitting View Post
    Who's pays for Brendan McKenna's food, clothing, housing, etc on a fortnightly basis?

Answers on a postcard.
    Jesus BC if your going to try sneak back under a differant alias atleast change your style. It's so easy to spot.

Any link for this Cael. Surely the British PM stating he's going to ignore or undermine the peace agreements that so many including BC here worked hard to create.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    Are you such a sectarian bigot that you had to translate his name into English?
    His name is Brendan McKenna just as the terrorist who liked to be called "Seán Mac Stíofáin" was actually John Stephenson.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    His name is Brendan McKenna just as the terrorist who liked to be called "Seán Mac Stíofáin" was actually John Stephenson.
    That is an entirely sectarian and fascist thing to say. Im very dissapointed in you.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post

Any link for this Cael. Surely the British PM stating he's going to ignore or undermine the peace agreements that so many including BC here worked hard to create.

BBC News - Cameron pledge to fight dissident republican violence

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    That is an entirely sectarian and fascist thing to say. Im very dissapointed in you.
    Why is it sectarian and fascist ?

It's the truth Cael. It's an affectation on his part as it was for Stephenson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Does someone having a gaelic name upset you?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Where in the GFA is a UK politician banned from saying he believes in the UK ?
    Is it beside where Politicians in the ROI are banned from talking about a United Ireland ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here:

NATION

When I walked into Downing Street as Prime Minister, that evening I was deeply conscious that I was taking over the heaviest of responsibilities, not least for the future of our United Kingdom.

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown - and John Major before them - worked incredibly hard to bring lasting peace to Northern Ireland and I will continue their work.

And as the threat of dissident republican terrorism increases, I want to make it clear that we will protect our people with every means at our disposal.

And I want to make something else clear.

When I say I am Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, I really mean it.

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland - we're weaker apart, we are stronger together, and together is how we must remain.

The Conservative Party | News | Speeches | David Cameron: Together in the National Interest

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast