Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 130

Thread: What does the pathetic state of the Irish economy mean for Irish Unity?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default What does the pathetic state of the Irish economy mean for Irish Unity?

    Is Irish Unity a complete right off now for a generation at least given ROI's hopeless financial situation?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portstewart View Post
    Is Irish Unity a complete right off now for a generation at least given ROI's hopeless financial situation?
    Nothing.

    Irish unity will only be achieved through a social revolution.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    Nothing.

    Irish unity will only be achieved through a social revolution.
    How do you envisage that happening SS?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portstewart View Post
    How do you envisage that happening SS?
    Through the destruction of the two states imposed on this nation by British Imperialism for a starters....

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    Through the destruction of the two states imposed on this nation by British Imperialism for a starters....
    But what if that aint happening, jeez you're a scream SS. petunia

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portstewart View Post
    But what if that aint happening, jeez you're a scream SS. petunia
    If that doesnt happen any re-unification would be a hallow victory.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars View Post
    If that doesnt happen any re-unification would be a hallow victory.
    The only way (in the real world) it will happen is if the influential wealthy people on both sides agree it's a goer.

    It will be the EU that unites Ireland imho.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portstewart View Post
    Is Irish Unity a complete right off now for a generation at least given ROI's hopeless financial situation?
    Yep, the country is ruined.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portstewart View Post
    The only way (in the real world) it will happen is if the influential wealthy people on both sides agree it's a goer.

    It will be the EU that unites Ireland imho.
    Influential wealthy people are the very people responsible for ruininig the country. Most are opposed to national unity in any case.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Yep, the country is ruined.
    Ruined is a strong word Pic....The Free State is FAR from being Moldavia or Serbia...Or even Greece....And its extremely far from being Haiti...

    Not being able to be flashy doesnt equal ruined.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •