Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Ireland as a nation not move on ?

Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Can Ireland as a nation not move on ?

Just been looking at the threads and Im amazed at the immaturity of a lot of people who cant seem to just put the 800 years of living under UK to bed and just move on . Ireland as a nation has moved on from the years of De Valera and Collins. We are now a cosmopolitan young vibrant country,we are not rich I grant you that but we are now in a time and reality when Europe is at peace. Those of you still harbouring some resentment torwards the UK, drop it and move on with your life, your hatred holds no one back but yourselves.
    Last edited by fluffykontbiscuits; 8th October 2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: lexia-dys lol ;) Thanks Master Debater XXX

Politics.ie Member Master Debater's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pity you can't spell Britain, Fluffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykontbiscuits View Post
    Just been looking at the threads and Im amazed at the immaturity of a lot of people who cant seem to just put the 800 years of living under Britian to bed and just move on . Ireland as a nation has moved on from the years of De Valera and Collins. We are now a cosmopolitan young vibrant country,we are not rich I grant you that but we are now in a time and reality when Europe is at peace. Those of you still harbouring some resentment torwards Britian, drop it and move on with your life, your hatred holds no one back but yourselves.
    it is the magic mushroom season in suburbs.

Politics.ie Member Master Debater's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I harbour no resentment towards the UK. All my resentment is towards the Irish government

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Debater View Post
    I harbour no resentment towards the UK. All my resentment is towards the government
    That is a fair enough point. I was speaking to a few Finns years back in Tampere and they had the same point,they were not fans of the Russian government but as Russia as a whole they bore no malice . With the way a lot of people on here act I would have thought they dislike Britain as a nation?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ireland – A short synopsis of financial carnage and we do nothing.

Got this in an email this morning.

Ireland – A short synopsis of financial carnage and we do nothing.

So, tell me. What does it actually take for an Irish person to get angry? What does it take for the nation to get angry? Not the type of ill feelings you might have regarding a person, place or thing. I mean the feeling of being furious, really livid. The feeling where you want to act out, scream and shout. The kind of sensation where you just want to roar, clinch your fist, break something. Explode into rage!!

Ha? No? I didn’t think so. I don’t think we get angry at all. Or are we just cowards, afraid of making a scene or embarrassing the family? We seem to lack any backbone, no fight in us at all. Amazing, just simply amazing. I mean, we are been robbed blind every day for the last 900 years. Abused, mocked, ridiculed – the whole 9 yards.

Let just focus on recent times for the minute. Say, the last 20 years.

The EU lends us billions. Multi national companies setup shop here and provide loads of jobs. Banks borrow money (debt) for the central bank (owned by the House of Rothschild) and in turn, lend it out to us at interest. The building industry soars. Jobs a plenty. No complaints. No worries, plenty of money (debt) floating around. Mortgages were as obtainable as a car loan. We bought and bought. Consumption was the order of the day. Our fine politicians said that we must “get on the property ladder”. Demand went up and so did the average house price. But don’t worry, we are rich aren’t we? We have plenty of cash (debt). Our jobs are secure. We are making our repayments. What’s the worry? Life was great. We were one of the richest (on borrowed money(debt)) nations on the planet.

Just one thing. We were not. We were fooled and still are today. Blind, foolish idiots who still asleep in this deep dream that we cant see what is really going on. The biggest slight of hand in Irish history is happening right now and we are letting it happen to us and our children and our children’s children.

But as I said, we don’t get mad.

Foreigners now own our national assets – we do nothing.
    Our natural gas and oil (worth billions) are given away for free - we do nothing.
    PPARS – 150 million - we do nothing.
    E-voting – 60 million - we do nothing.
    Medialab Europe – project abandoned 35 million – we do nothing.
    Integrated Ticketing – still not functioning 42.7 million – we do nothing.
    CorkAirport – 160 million – we do nothing
    Thorton Hall - acquisition of site 29.9 million – we do nothing.
    Carbon credits – 810 million – we do nothing.
    Nama – 50,000 million!!!! – We do nothing.
    2000-2006 NDP: development of national roads including the port tunnel and the M50 ( Dublin C-ring) 16,900 million – we do nothing.

Our lives as we know it are ruined. Foreign interests own all political party leaders. Corrupted by their salaries. FF, FG and Labor are all the same. We think an election will move to rectify the situation when in actual fact will just continue the looting of our country. We can’t see it. We refuse to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

And we do nothing….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinemartin View Post
    it is the magic mushroom season in suburbs.
    Ask the purple giraffe living in my underwear drawer he would know....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykontbiscuits View Post
    Ask the purple giraffe living in my underwear drawer he would know....

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunderoon View Post
    Got this in an email this morning.

Ireland – A short synopsis of financial carnage and we do nothing.

So, tell me. What does it actually take for an Irish person to get angry? What does it take for the nation to get angry? Not the type of ill feelings you might have regarding a person, place or thing. I mean the feeling of being furious, really livid. The feeling where you want to act out, scream and shout. The kind of sensation where you just want to roar, clinch your fist, break something. Explode into rage!!

Ha? No? I didn’t think so. I don’t think we get angry at all. Or are we just cowards, afraid of making a scene or embarrassing the family? We seem to lack any backbone, no fight in us at all. Amazing, just simply amazing. I mean, we are been robbed blind every day for the last 900 years. Abused, mocked, ridiculed – the whole 9 yards.

Let just focus on recent times for the minute. Say, the last 20 years.

The EU lends us billions. Multi national companies setup shop here and provide loads of jobs. Banks borrow money (debt) for the central bank (owned by the House of Rothschild) and in turn, lend it out to us at interest. The building industry soars. Jobs a plenty. No complaints. No worries, plenty of money (debt) floating around. Mortgages were as obtainable as a car loan. We bought and bought. Consumption was the order of the day. Our fine politicians said that we must “get on the property ladder”. Demand went up and so did the average house price. But don’t worry, we are rich aren’t we? We have plenty of cash (debt). Our jobs are secure. We are making our repayments. What’s the worry? Life was great. We were one of the richest (on borrowed money(debt)) nations on the planet.

Just one thing. We were not. We were fooled and still are today. Blind, foolish idiots who still asleep in this deep dream that we cant see what is really going on. The biggest slight of hand in Irish history is happening right now and we are letting it happen to us and our children and our children’s children.

But as I said, we don’t get mad.

Foreigners now own our national assets – we do nothing.
    Our natural gas and oil (worth billions) are given away for free - we do nothing.
    PPARS – 150 million - we do nothing.
    E-voting – 60 million - we do nothing.
    Medialab Europe – project abandoned 35 million – we do nothing.
    Integrated Ticketing – still not functioning 42.7 million – we do nothing.
    CorkAirport – 160 million – we do nothing
    Thorton Hall - acquisition of site 29.9 million – we do nothing.
    Carbon credits – 810 million – we do nothing.
    Nama – 50,000 million!!!! – We do nothing.
    2000-2006 NDP: development of national roads including the port tunnel and the M50 ( Dublin C-ring) 16,900 million – we do nothing.

Our lives as we know it are ruined. Foreign interests own all political party leaders. Corrupted by their salaries. FF, FG and Labor are all the same. We think an election will move to rectify the situation when in actual fact will just continue the looting of our country. We can’t see it. We refuse to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

And we do nothing….
    An excellent post!
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast