Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Mail Quality

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Daily Mail Quality

I have to say the quality of the daily mail is excellent these days. The "established" media have become propoganda channels and will stay that way as they rely on government advertising in order to be able to pay the pensions of their stale and tiring permanent staff. not to mention all the freebies and perks enjoyed by these "journalists" for peddling propoganda. For example, the Irish Tomes business section would make you sick and the former "blog of Ireland" (i.e. the letters page) is dull, boring and repetitive. Some people still live in 1995 and think they'll be held in high esteem for a letter published from their middle class address complete with job title.

The daily mail is packed full of young and enthusiastc people in their 20s and 30s. There's always excellent jucy stories, including a hilarious gossip section and comprehensive sports pages (not that they're my fav parts). Liberalism has been fashionable in Ireland in recent years and people are now becoming a lot more conservative - both socially and economically. The standard of writing in the DM is excellent with an attention to detail you'll get nowhere else. And not an ESRI or ISME press release in sight!

Anyway, numbers don't lie and mail readers are becoming greater in number. As the establishment media deteriorate (in terms of content and their finances), vibrant publications are coming to the fore with vigour and honesty and giving people what they want instead of being told what they should want.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well hilarious is surely what I'd use to describe it. I just have to scan the headlines online in the uk version every day - always a giggle

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any news on Frank Fahy's legal case against them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galleyslave View Post
    well hilarious is surely what I'd use to describe it. I just have to scan the headlines online in the uk version every day - always a giggle
    When civil servants stop getting free copies of the irish times and the irish independent, it will be a sign that we've taken a step on the road to recovery.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a pi$$ take . Right ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's not a paper I ready with any degree of regularity, which may be contrary to popular belief. But it has done a find job in rooting out some if the dirty secrets on the Irish political establishment over the last year or so and as such serves a welcome purpose. It is, however, a bit of a double edged sword as some of it's content is sub-par.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This says it all....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI]YouTube - The Daily Mail Song[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Private Eye had a lovely story about the Mail a year or two ago. One day the front page of the Irish edition had a story complaining about the government not providing the cervical cancer vaccine for free. Inside the paper was a two page spread from the UK edition demanding that the cervical cancer vaccine be banned.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Populist, uneducated, contradictory with facts in short supply, would be my description of it.

But at least there is a choice for people.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its really of no quality at all

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast