Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Brazilian Clown Wins Seat

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Brazilian Clown Wins Seat

A clown was elected to Brazil's parliament with 1.3 million votes

BBC News - No joke as Brazil clown tops votes for Congress

A friend pointed me at this last night and wondered if we could do something similar in the next election in Ireland. Just completely rip the arse out of it. Put up candidates claiming to be Jesus, Allah, Krishna etc and demand that anyone who complains be prosecuted under Dermo's Blaspemy law. Have a guy in a Batman suit as the Justice Spokesman. You get the idea. Try to get the message across that we don't actually need these self-appointed self-serving parasite idiots in the political class, and if they are all talking complete fantasy anyway why not actually elect fantasy TDs?

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post

A friend pointed me at this last night and wondered if we could do something similar in the next election in Ireland. Just completely rip the arse out of it. Put up candidates claiming to be Jesus, Allah, Krishna etc and demand that anyone who complains be prosecuted under Dermo's Blaspemy law. Have a guy in a Batman suit as the Justice Spokesman. You get the idea. Try to get the message across that we don't actually need these self-appointed self-serving parasite idiots in the political class, and if they are all talking complete fantasy anyway why not actually elect fantasy TDs?
    1 small snag: how will voters be able to tell the difference between the Clowens & the clowns? Jayziz, FF might get back to finish off the economy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least their Clowen hasnt been made prime minister yet.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still doesn't trump "The Best Party" in Iceland though.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is a silly season story with no credibility whatsoever.........

what are they celebrating?.......

sure, we've had clowns in politics for years.......

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"A clown was elected to Brazil's parliament with 1.3 million votes"
    Sure Ireland elected DOZENS of clowns at the last election.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A friend pointed me at this last night and wondered if we could do something similar in the next election in Ireland. Just completely rip the arse out of it. Put up candidates claiming to be Jesus, Allah, Krishna etc and demand that anyone who complains be prosecuted under Dermo's Blaspemy law.
    The big differance is that this guy is not claiming to be anything he is not, he is in fact a professional clown. I would add to that there is not a hope in hell of anyone claiming to be 'Allah', the mere suggestion of that would have the Athiest Ireland staring at their feet in an uncomfortable silence.

Jesus maybe, but as millions of people of Spanish heritage already have that name it would not be controversial. The major hole in the blasphemy law is that someone actually has to complain. Thus far all athiest Ireland have proven is that christians are more tolerant that some claim they are. Either that or the lack of publicity surronding their last 'blasphemy' was a stunning failure. Despite all the farfare I only heard of the actual blasphemy from as aside in another contributors post. A law against damp squibs, pointless ego fluffing or clowns might have garnered a more decisive legal sanction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might run in our next election as Batman...or maybe Superman