Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waste in Health

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Waste in Health

Daily Mail tomorrow 07-10-10. According to NewsTalk's Coleman at Large.

Hundreds of thousands of Euro paid in salaries to a hospital that doesn't exist yet.
    The Children's Hospital proposed for the Mater hospital recieves salary funding for four people.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing surprises me. Do ye think maybe these people could work in temple street until to other one opens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question

Just seen this on VB as well...25 million has been spent on this project so far...and not a block laid.
    The plans for the hospital have gone to An Bord Pleanala under the Vital Infrastructure Plan and as such will not go through DCC or the city planners.

Mary of course is allegedly under obligation to both Bertie and Prof Drumm to proceed post haste!!!....
    New children

Drumm appointed to paediatric hospital board - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 17, 2010

New children's hospital on fast track through the planning procedures - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 31, 2010
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HSE paying staff for hospital that won't exist until at least 2014

Explosive front page in the Daily Mail tomorrow folks. And before you make the gags, Spotty has seen the story, and can vouch for it personally.

The HSE has hired staff, including a hospital manager, a medical director, and a other senior administrators for a hospital (the proposed new national children's hospital) that does not exist.

These staff are being paid RIGHT NOW, earning massive salaries, while planning permission for the hospital has yet to be granted.

It's right out of Yes, Prime Minister.

Spotty doesn't see any way that Harney survives this, the day after she said the HSE was efficient.

I repeat, the Daily Mail reports that the taxpayer has hired, and is currently paying staff for a hospital that has not even been granted planning permission.

This is HUGE.
    Spotty. A pimple on the arse of politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spotty View Post
    Explosive front page in the Daily Mail tomorrow folks. And before you make the gags, Spotty has seen the story, and can vouch for it personally.

The HSE has hired staff, including a hospital manager, a medical director, and a other senior administrators for a hospital (the proposed new national children's hospital) that does not exist.

These staff are being paid RIGHT NOW, earning massive salaries, while planning permission for the hospital has yet to be granted.

Spotty doesn't see any way that Harney survives this, the day after she said the HSE was efficient.

I repeat, the Daily Mail reports that the taxpayer has hired, and is currently paying staff for a hospital that has not even been granted planning permission.

This is HUGE.
    Already spotted Spotty!!
    We'll see if its HUGE!!!
    Don't get your hopes up...read my posting above!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are joking, of course? Please tell me you're joking.

If this is true it still won't be the end of Harney. She'll just say it's a matter for the HSE and nothing to do with her.

Politics.ie Member Máistir na Cruinne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Nothing surprises me. Do ye think maybe these people could work in temple street until to other one opens
    No, because that would be sensible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone hear the C.F suferers on joe duffy today?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YEP...and we CAN fast-track a hospital we cannot afford...while we cannot spend a few bob on something long promised and needed!!

Opps and of course while kids today still wait cos beds are closed all over...but sure...shiny new buildings are SO nice!!!!

Children's beds to remain closed at Crumlin hospital - City News, National News - Herald.ie

Cuts and closures all round as HSE runs €133m over budget - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 14, 2010

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spotty View Post

This is HUGE.

Harney will survive because the only people, THE ONLY PEOPLE, who can finish her public career are the voters of Dublin Mid-West. Unless she decides not to stand next time out.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast