Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress in Health(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Progress in Health(?)

A lot of posters here are oft to post the "promises" that the current opposition made in the last GE. Most of these complaints surround economic policy. Have been googling to find FF election manifesto, but in all honesty was STOPPED in my tracks by these.

I suppose these election leaflets are directed to those who constantly defend our current Minister...attempting to bamboozle us with alternate facts and figures to those which we would use to support the truth of the shambolic chaos which the Minister now oversees.

http://irishelectionliterature.files...lletin3may.pdf

This is the scariest...the left hand panel shows what A+E was like in 2007!!

Here's the rest...
    ‘Progress in Health’ -5 campaign bulletins from Mary Harney -Progressive Democrtas 2007 Irish Election Literature Blog
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ha! I brought a patient in to beaumont a few nights ago. Person in mid 70s with cardiac history Dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea. They were on our stretcher for six hours before getting a trolley in the ED let alone getting admitted. When I made enquiries with nurse manager I was told there was only two beds in the whole hospital due to ward closures. Had to help person in to toilet to relieve themselves. Place was packed and reeking as usual. Staff run off their feet for entire time. Place is a bloody hellhole. Wonder if Mary got sick would she be waiting? No vhi in the ED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Ha! I brought a patient in to beaumont a few nights ago. Person in mid 70s with cardiac history Dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea. They were on our stretcher for six hours before getting a trolley in the ED let alone getting admitted. When I made enquiries with nurse manager I was told there was only two beds in the whole hospital due to ward closures. Had to help person in to toilet to relieve themselves. Place was packed and reeking as usual. Staff run off their feet for entire time. Place is a bloody hellhole. Wonder if Mary got sick would she be waiting? No vhi in the ED
    SIGH...and those 2 beds have to be kept in case the hospital needs to turf someone out of ICU or CCU in case of an major incident!!

I know where you're at Firefly!!...
    Am going to print it out and post it on my front door come the GE!!...or maybe now!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    The Beacon dahling.

Or the Mater/Vincents after hours with a swifty to the private wing. Adios drunken hordes!
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    The Beacon dahling.

Or the Mater/Vincents after hours with a swifty to the private wing. Adios drunken hordes!
    Indeed Droit...funny though just how many patients us public hospitals recieve by transfer from the "Beacon Dahling" cos post op they required ICU beds, a comprehensive and acute MDT approach ...and are now left sitting waiting for a bed in rehab.

Funny no "Beacon Dahling" solution for these patients!!!

No comment on Mary's leaflet??

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Beacon dahling.

Echoing Spidermom's comment.

The Beacon is not the place to be if you're really sick.

Actually, maybe the Beacon is the place for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdr View Post
    Echoing Spidermom's comment.

The Beacon is not the place to be if you're really sick.

Actually, maybe the Beacon is the place for you.
    Now, now, remember your oath.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once in the system your much better off in public care. Private hospitals do nice decor and dinners but if somethings serious everyone ends up in a public hospital. The ED is a hellhole though. It's almost amusing when you see peoples jaws drop when wheeled in for the first time. By the way if you go by emergency ambulance you don't get to pick your hospital. It's the nearest ED followed by a 12 hour wait if your lucky VHI or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Indeed Droit...funny though just how many patients us public hospitals recieve by transfer from the "Beacon Dahling" cos post op they required ICU beds, a comprehensive and acute MDT approach ...and are now left sitting waiting for a bed in rehab.
    And why not? They pay for those public beds through their taxes. In fact when you consider that 48% of the income tax is paid by the top 5% of earners, you could say they paid for them ALL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now, now, remember your oath.
    Don't you worry Le droit I will put in a "special word" for you if we wheel you in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast