Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Viper Foley debt collecting(!!!) in Kerry" Ferris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Viper Foley debt collecting(!!!) in Kerry" Ferris

Martin Ferris says, "It has come to my attention that some people are employing the services of known criminals as debt collectors to pursue people in this constituency. One of these criminals is Martin “Viper” Foley who has been in the debt collecting business for quite a while. Unfortunately, because there is little regulation and no code of conduct for debt collecting in this state, anybody, including known criminals, can set up legitimate debt collecting companies and are free to use whatever tactics they can get away with"
    Martin

While the government is busy selling the sovereignty of this state to protect the vulture investors who bought up third-rate Irish banking debt at a discount and are hoping to get paid in full, our own 'rogue creditors' are rampant at home and acting with total impunity...

Well done to Martin Ferris for raising his head above the parapet on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It never ceases to amaze me the brazen cheek of former members of this countries biggest criminal orginisation ever pontificating about criminals extracting monies with menaces.

On the other hand, he should know all about it.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep! those individuals have been operating in Cork too and they are well intimidating.
    The law were chasing them around after reports of the visits.
    Its only a chat, we ain't the world council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the brazen cheek of former members of this countries biggest criminal orginisation ever pontificating about criminals extracting monies with menaces.

On the other hand, he should know all about it.
    I reject that the Provisional IRA was a criminal organisation and I would point you to the actions in the H-Blocks of 1981 as proof. Criminals don't die on hunger strike for political reasons.
    Republicans have always stepped up to the plate on criminality as Martin Ferris is doing here by highlighting this outrageous situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SinnShane View Post
    I reject that the Provisional IRA was a criminal organisation and I would point you to the actions in the H-Blocks of 1981 as proof. Criminals don't die on hunger strike for political reasons.
    Republicans have always stepped up to the plate on criminality as Martin Ferris is doing here by highlighting this outrageous situation.
    You do know how ridiculous that makes you sound?
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member Cabbage/Turnip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    You do know how ridiculous that makes you sound?
    no not at all... the same "criminals" are the reason you are not singing god save the queen just because she isnt in your back garden anymore doesnt make it wrong for the struggle to keep happening...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    Yep! those individuals have been operating in Cork too and they are well intimidating.
    The law were chasing them around after reports of the visits.
    I don't doubt that they were intimidating. They're paid to bypass the normal etiquette of business. They need to be dealt with as ruthlessly as they themselves behave.
    Unfortunately those with the power to do anything about it are too busy kissing the ass of their corporate equivilants.

Politics.ie Member Cabbage/Turnip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SinnShane View Post
    I don't doubt that they were intimidating. They're paid to bypass the normal etiquette of business. They need to be dealt with as ruthlessly as they themselves behave.
    Unfortunately those with the power to do anything about it are too busy kissing the ass of their corporate equivilants.
    What i dont understand is... if yous just tell them ************************ off ring the garda tell them a scumbag called to you door and if anything happens after words they know where to start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage/Turnip View Post
    What i dont understand is... if yous just tell them ************************ off ring the garda tell them a scumbag called to you door and if anything happens after words they know where to start
    Easier said than done to be fair. If some thug calls to your door and you have yourself and your family to think about you might be a bit slow to say F Off.

well if former convicted criminals can run for and sit in the Dail, why can other former convicted criminals not operate a debt collecting agency, so long as it operates within the law of course ?

personally i believe that the law should be changed in both cases
    Last edited by disgruntledcitizen; 6th October 2010 at 03:26 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast