Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Another FFer has Rus in Urbe

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Another FFer has Rus in Urbe

    I see another FF oirerachtas member, Senator Don Lydon creamed it off by having a rus in urbe which enhanced his senate expenses and fleeced the taxpayer again. Don who was before Tribunals moved, it appears, to Killbegs, from where the mileage and expenses were great of course. No doubt it is true, and that he spent most of his time there and has records to prove that he was not living in south Dublin.

    See "Lydon claimed €146,059 in expenses as senator"Irish Times 6th.Oct.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I see another FF oirerachtas member, Senator Don Lydon creamed it off by having a rus in urbe which enhanced his senate expenses and fleeced the taxpayer again. Don who was before Tribunals moved, it appears, to Killbegs, from where the mileage and expenses were great of course. No doubt it is true, and that he spent most of his time there and has records to prove that he was not living in south Dublin.

    See "Lydon claimed €146,059 in expenses as senator"Irish Times 6th.Oct.
    There is a name that should be familiar. I think Frank Dunlop had a particular fondness for the bould Don and I think the bould Don had a particular liking for the stuff, Frank used to put in brown envelopes...allegedly.

    But I am sure the bould Don would not do anything dishonest, as his one ambition is to serve the people he represents...allegedly.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    18,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    What, only €146,059. Pittens I tell you, Pittens.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    There is a name that should be familiar. I think Frank Dunlop had a particular fondness for the bould Don and I think the bould Don had a particular liking for the stuff, Frank used to put in brown envelopes...allegedly.

    But I am sure the bould Don would not do anything dishonest, as his one ambition is to serve the people he represents...allegedly.

    You must have some legal training allegedly! I also think Don was/is a psychiatrist in St John of Gods.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Where those FFers live is always a matter of concern. Remember when Michael Smith famously asked of Bertie that the people were entitled to know where he slept at night !

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    What, only €146,059. Pittens I tell you, Pittens.
    Its a nice little sideline,I mean those tax free allowances for coming from Donegal. Wonder used he drop in home when he visited his alma mater, in Dublin
    Last edited by Tomas Mor; 6th October 2010 at 02:24 PM.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Provence.
    Posts
    15,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post

    Where those FFers live is always a matter of concern. Remember when Michael Smith famously asked of Bertie that the people were entitled to know where he slept at night!

    As we now know, he sleeps in a cupboard in someone else's house.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Provence.
    Posts
    15,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    What, only €146,059. Pittens I tell you, Pittens.

    For God's sake, it's spelt "PITTANCE"
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    For God's sake, it's spelt "PITTANCE"
    and penance for the rest of us. I see from papers that the cottage in Killybegs is now derelict and overgrown. He must have used it strictly when he was in senate and claiming expenses from there.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •