Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Another FFer has Rus in Urbe

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another FFer has Rus in Urbe

I see another FF oirerachtas member, Senator Don Lydon creamed it off by having a rus in urbe which enhanced his senate expenses and fleeced the taxpayer again. Don who was before Tribunals moved, it appears, to Killbegs, from where the mileage and expenses were great of course. No doubt it is true, and that he spent most of his time there and has records to prove that he was not living in south Dublin.

See "Lydon claimed €146,059 in expenses as senator"Irish Times 6th.Oct.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I see another FF oirerachtas member, Senator Don Lydon creamed it off by having a rus in urbe which enhanced his senate expenses and fleeced the taxpayer again. Don who was before Tribunals moved, it appears, to Killbegs, from where the mileage and expenses were great of course. No doubt it is true, and that he spent most of his time there and has records to prove that he was not living in south Dublin.

See "Lydon claimed €146,059 in expenses as senator"Irish Times 6th.Oct.
    There is a name that should be familiar. I think Frank Dunlop had a particular fondness for the bould Don and I think the bould Don had a particular liking for the stuff, Frank used to put in brown envelopes...allegedly.

But I am sure the bould Don would not do anything dishonest, as his one ambition is to serve the people he represents...allegedly.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What, only €146,059. Pittens I tell you, Pittens.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    There is a name that should be familiar. I think Frank Dunlop had a particular fondness for the bould Don and I think the bould Don had a particular liking for the stuff, Frank used to put in brown envelopes...allegedly.

But I am sure the bould Don would not do anything dishonest, as his one ambition is to serve the people he represents...allegedly.

You must have some legal training allegedly! I also think Don was/is a psychiatrist in St John of Gods.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where those FFers live is always a matter of concern. Remember when Michael Smith famously asked of Bertie that the people were entitled to know where he slept at night !

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    Its a nice little sideline,I mean those tax free allowances for coming from Donegal. Wonder used he drop in home when he visited his alma mater, in Dublin
    Last edited by Tomas Mor; 6th October 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post

Where those FFers live is always a matter of concern. Remember when Michael Smith famously asked of Bertie that the people were entitled to know where he slept at night!

As we now know, he sleeps in a cupboard in someone else's house.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post

For God's sake, it's spelt "PITTANCE"
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    For God's sake, it's spelt "PITTANCE"
    and penance for the rest of us. I see from papers that the cottage in Killybegs is now derelict and overgrown. He must have used it strictly when he was in senate and claiming expenses from there.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.