Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 ways to say nothing, by Eamon Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 10,000 ways to say nothing, by Eamon Gilmore

I see on Labour's website, there is a press release to say that Eamon has made Labour's 10,000th press release since 2006.
    I wonder will they have a press release now to say that they've made 10,001 press releases?

Labour are policy lite, we all know that, but just how lite are they.

We've seen Eamon's posturing on critical items like the Croke Park deal and now on metro North, "I'd push it back, but only a bit, not a big bit, not a small bit, maybe leave it the same, tell me what you want and I'll say it."

I had another poster tell me that labour have detailed policy documents and held up their tourism policy as a fine example, and indeed a hefty 37 page document. I had a quick glance and wanted to see their policy on the current air travel tax that they opposed on introduction. And what's there?

The Labour party calls for the immediate abolition or the significant reduction of the air travel tax.

So, cut the tax from 10 Euro to somewhere between 0 Euro and 9 Euro. Even with a detailed document, on a no brainer issue like abolishing the departure tax, Labour still manage to sit on the fence.

So tell me, who has the job in the labour party of pulling the splinters out of Eamon Gilmore's arse?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bertie Lite the populist coward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They know that once they announce any credible policies, their popularity will plummet

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Labour manage to sit on the fence.

So tell me, who has the job in the labour party of pulling the splinters out of Eamon Gilmore's arse?
    There's no way that one person could manage that job on their own. He's on the fence so long that he has a nice comfortable spot moulded to the shape of his arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well don't vote for him so.
    Vote Fianna Fail and allow the madness to continue or vote Fine Gael and have a cadaver as leader with madness lite as the option. Or you can vote for the greenies (!) or whatever hospital in my constituency comb over gombeen independent you choose. Or you can vote for Labour. Simples

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread is brought to you by the FF Press Office.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10000 Press releases.

Obviously he brought the old printing press from Gardiner St. with him

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That last post is seriously funny.
    Funnily enough I thought Marian Finucane actually gave Gilmore a hard time last Saturday, not that I am opposed to that, just that it was unusual. She even brought up the stickies which made Gilmore really uncomfortable, you could pratically hear him twitching.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Well don't vote for him so.
    Vote Fianna Fail and allow the madness to continue or vote Fine Gael and have a cadaver as leader with madness lite as the option. Or you can vote for the greenies (!) or whatever hospital in my constituency comb over gombeen independent you choose. Or you can vote for Labour. Simples
    You may be right but it still doesn't change the fact that Gilmore is a populist coward with huge question marks over his credibility. If he has it so much in the bag according to your analysis why doesn't he make his own and the parties position clear when he is questioned. Every statement he makes contains enough get out clauses to ensure he can never be tied to any position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I can't remember if it was Official Sinn Fein the Workers Party or just The Workers Party"

You see Eamon, the problem with not taking a position on anything all day long is that you forget when you should be clear. In this case, you should have just said it was SF The Workers party as this is an easily verifiable fact, and move on. Now your dithering is the story, not the fact you were part of some party nearly 40 years ago.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast