Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite is preparing to sell country down the river

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Elite is preparing to sell country down the river

McWilliams strikes again!

The last time I checked there was a harp on the front of my passport, not a picture of Michael Fingleton
    The other day I met a German radio presenter from ARD, the German public radio station. I've known her for quite a while -- since a brief spell working on the German economy in the 1990s for an investment bank. She, like many other foreign correspondents, has been sent to Ireland to see what is going on here.
    After a while, I wondered why she hadn't asked me anything about the Government, or the prospect of an election or what new political constellation might emerge here. She joked and in an exaggerated German accent laughed: "David, it doesn't matter who your next prime minister is, he will have no power -- we own you now, and he will do what we tell him."
    The problem is that the joke is on us. She touched on the nub of the issue: the Irish elite is prepared to sell the sovereignty of this country to protect the likes of Roman Abramovich and other vulture investors who bought up third-rate Irish banking debt at a discount and are hoping to get paid in full.
    Full article here.

Sadly, the German woman is right.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Elite is preparing to sell country down the river"
    What do you mean PREPARING.

Politics.ie Member A view from England's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post

Full article here.

Sadly, the German woman is right.
    Your sovereignty ended the day you joined the Euro. Since then your country has rode the Euro rollercoaster with the results we see today. In successive general elections, the People voted Fianna Fail in to Government again and again, believing that Ireland was undertaking an economic miracle that was the result of an FF Government when instead it was on a spending splurge driven by a debt binge from too low interest rates as a result of Euro membership. I'm truly sorry that you joined the Eurozone and ended up as you are.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karldaly View Post
    "Elite is preparing to sell country down the river"
    What do you mean PREPARING?.
    Precisely! The dead is done, we are ALL tenants of absentee land lords now.

Thank you to Fianna Fail, and to all the County Councillors of all parties that voted for unlimited rezonings, at the behest of the developer/banker elite.

Is there a difference between economic treason and and Treason?

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Indeed he does.

"Here's the quotation from the EU Commission regarding bust Danish banks: "Moreover, burden sharing is ensured by excluding shareholders and subordinated debt holders of the failed bank from any benefit from the aid."

There you have it in black and white. This is what the EU has advised Denmark to do. It clearly states that they won't give any state money to the troubled bank until the subordinated debt holders are burnt."

In Anglo the shareholders have been wiped out and the sub debt holders will end up with 40% or less.

Is it possible McWilliams doesn't know this or does not knowing make for better copy?

Ex Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its ok all is not lost, if your granny or grandad was born under the Irish Freestate you may be entitled to a UK passport!

Yes folks we have hope, we can throw away our Irish citizenship and all become British citizens, economic freedom is within our grasp, lets not follow those stupid paddies anymore, Tally ho boys!

At least the Vikings and the British gavrs us the dignity of an actual invasion and gave us an opportunity to defend our freedoms.

But this was incremental stealth over the best part of 40 years. Worse still most people welcomed it and were seduced by it. Still are.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure that the subtext to ECB support for our zombie banks and zombie bond sales was a degree of compliance on the Irish state's behalf that would have been unthinkable 2 years ago. Economic sovereignty is therefore already diluted. We're part of a terrible experiment as far as the Germans are concerned.

Interestingly George Soros has identified a new front line in the batlle with the financial crisis hangover which would seriously threaten cohesion in the Eurozone where Germany alone is the winner in any recovery...

Our political "elite" are entering the last chance saloon, they'd better get it together because Mixer Man's stunt at the Dáil gates will only be the start. FF are pushing trhe envelope of tolerance with this budget if they don't go to the people...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_rebubblican View Post
    I'm sure that the subtext to ECB support for our zombie banks and zombie bond sales was a degree of compliance on the Irish state's behalf that would have been unthinkable 2 years ago. Economic sovereignty is therefore already diluted. We're part of a terrible experiment as far as the Germans are concerned.

Interestingly George Soros has identified a new front line in the batlle with the financial crisis hangover which would seriously threaten cohesion in the Eurozone where Germany alone is the winner in any recovery...

Our political "elite" are entering the last chance saloon, they'd better get it together because Mixer Man's stunt at the Dáil gates will only be the start. FF are pushing trhe envelope of tolerance with this budget if they don't go to the people...

Imo, the 'people' have no say anymore, democracy is all a stage front to make you 'think' you have a say. Lisbon 2 showed that it's long subverted by vested interests. The current 'administration' in the dail doesn't give 2 fecks what you, I or anyone in this country thinks - we all know this now, albiet with some cognitive dissonance, that's whats causing the angry feeling in our bellies when we talk or think about the current political and economic situation in Ireland today. I for one don't want this administration anywhere near that last chance saloon. The pot is beginning to boil and over it will go - for sure.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vote Lisbon for Jobs

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast