Thread: Obama/Clinton for 2012?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Obama/Clinton for 2012?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Some of Hillary Clinton's advisers see it as a real possibility in 2012."
    Well yeah they would wouldn't they? A non-runner. The reason the Dems aren't doing well has nothing to do with Joe Biden. Any time spent on this is wasted.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Obama is toast.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeOne View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. If anything, Clinton would give Obama cred.

But it is NOT going to happen. Obama is dead in the water, all on his own.
    The hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honour of one is the honour of all.

Native American Indian Traditional Code of Ethics

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. If anything, Clinton would give Obama cred.

But it is NOT going to happen. Obama is dead in the water, all on his own.

I was actually making a comment towards all the real dead bodies in the collective Clinton closet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The way things are going, Obama is going to need a game changer. The hopey changey stuff won't work next time and the smaller crowds will compare most unfavorably to the huge crowds in 2008. Also given that only the Republican nomination is open ( as of now) then the Republicans will be sucking up all the media attention, the convention, the VP candidate etc,.

It may be dumping Biden, but that doesn't necessarily mean picking Clinton. He could pick Bloomberg or someone like that, just a thought.

Of course its all moot, if the Republicans end up picking someone like Huckabee, then Obama should get easily re elected.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dead in the water? Are you crazy? Most presidents suffer a mid term dip in popularity. Obama's approval rating is at 45 percent, Clinton was at 46 percent in 1994 before the midterms and he cruised to victory two years later. Besides who have the republicans got? Flip flop Romney? Palin? Huckabee? Gingrich? None of them will ever be President. I wouldn't say Obama will certainly be re-elected but he is most definitely a heavy favourite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Obama is toast.
    Oh, please, please, Mr GOP, write this guy off.

David C. Wilson: Obama Dominates Republicans in Polls

The WSJ/NBC poll found that Obama has a 47% positive rating ("very positive" or "somewhat positive"). This number dominates the Republican Party and its Congressional leaders: the Republican Party (31%), Senator Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (12%), and House Minority Leader John Boehner (14%). It also dominates all of the non-elected Republican politicos: Mike Huckabee (26%), Mitt Romney (21%), Newt Gingrich (24%), and Sarah Palin (30%). Even "the Tea Party Movement" garners only a 30% positive sentiment rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    Dead in the water? Are you crazy? Most presidents suffer a mid term dip in popularity. Obama's approval rating is at 45 percent, Clinton was at 46 percent in 1994 before the midterms and he cruised to victory two years later. Besides who have the republicans got? Flip flop Romney? Palin? Huckabee? Gingrich? None of them will ever be President. I wouldn't say Obama will certainly be re-elected but he is most definitely a heavy favourite.
    Good points. But there are a number of indicators/hints that Obama will be one term only, the most recent being his chief of staff bailing out and running for Chicago mayor.

If Rahm Emmanuel is bailing out , and he's one tough sonofabitch , then that really says to me "one term only"...

Guess - it'll be Hilary in 2012 for the Dems. With Biden again as VP.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    Good points. But there are a number of indicators/hints that Obama will be one term only, the most recent being his chief of staff bailing out and running for Chicago mayor.

If Rahm Emmanuel is bailing out , and he's one tough sonofabitch , then that really says to me "one term only"...

Guess - it'll be Hilary in 2012 for the Dems. With Biden again as VP.
    I don't see it happening personally but I guess ya never know. Rahm is tough, no doubt, but it's not like he's retiring, he wants to be Mayor of his native city and for all we know, Rahm could be thinking about 2016, which would not be a surprise to me at all! In fact, I was going to get someone at home to put a wee bet on that (provided it was a crazy enough price of course) but unfortunately the bookies are only taking bets on 2012 and not on Obama's successor.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast