Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FG insist - No Tallaght Strategy II

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG insist - No Tallaght Strategy II

Just heard on RTE news now that FG has issued a statement saying it will not offer another Tallaght Strategy arrangement to FF.

Despite having pretty much identical policies they've said they wont repeat the Dukes deal because, as Kenny honestly put it on Friday, 'Last time it cost FG votes.'

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On this, FG are completely correct.

I do think there is serious merit in a Tallaght 2 type strategy, but only after an election, and let the people decide who will drive it.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member slippy wicket's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would they support a policy that they think is foolish, implemented by incompetents. FF should be hounded continually until they are out of office.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Just heard on RTE news now that FG has issued a statement saying it will not offer another Tallaght Strategy arrangement to FF.

Despite having pretty much identical policies they've said they wont repeat the Dukes deal because, as Kenny honestly put it on Friday, 'Last time it cost FG votes.'
    Their policies aren't identical. On jobs, FG have NewEra while FF have a photoshoot. On healthcare, FG have FairCare while FF have Mary Harney. Anyway, there's more to politics than policy. FF have shown themselves to be utterly incompetent in government - and as part of the problem, they can't be part of the solution.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    On this, FG are completely correct.

I do think there is serious merit in a Tallaght 2 type strategy, but only after an election, and let the people decide who will drive it.
    You know FF as well as I do, Rock - the second they're in Opposition, it'll be like Tallaght Strategy 1 never even happened.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Proper order.
    Let FF linger on and allow the public to see them for the incompetent, economically illiterate tools that they are.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody will join Fianna Fail, not even the rosary, the old saying, They must be shunned. This government must be removed and an election called now.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super pedestrian View Post
    Proper order.
    Let FF linger on and allow the public to see them for the incompetent, economically illiterate tools that they are.

I believe the whole world knows that now. Somebody has to take over, Our country and our people cannot take any more. They deserve better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a complete misunderstanding of what Tallaght I encompassed. It was FF accepting and implementing FG policies in relation to taxation, amongst other things, and said policies were completely different from the FF policies at the time. This was done in exchange for supporting a FF MINORITY Government, and done in order to get the country out of a hole, in the national interest, as the old, over used, saying goes.

What seems to be envisaged here is that FG simply accede to FF policy, a policy created by a failed and obviously incompetent Government, in the main, who have a majority, though slim, and coming to the end of their term.

Now, WHY ON EARTH, should FG do that.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    There is a complete misunderstanding of what Tallaght I encompassed. It was FF accepting and implementing FG policies in relation to taxation, amongst other things, and said policies were completely different from the FF policies at the time. This was done in exchange for supporting a FF MINORITY Government, and done in order to get the country out of a hole, in the national interest, as the old, over used, saying goes.

What seems to be envisaged here is that FG simply accede to FF policy, a policy created by a failed and obviously incompetent Government, in the main, who have a majority, though slim, and coming to the end of their term.

Now, WHY ON EARTH, should FG do that.
    Excellent post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast