Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: League title down to the wire...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default League title down to the wire...

No tickets for alonso tonight, all Hoops allocation long gone. Fcking poxy at the moment anyway with Jason "international!!!" Byrne gettin in for 1-0. Half time now but Byrne's gone off injured. Rovers not adventurous enough and a bit cranky to be honest.

If Bohs win, there'll be 2 points in it with 3 games to go. Fck it anyway, Rovers could've had it wrapped up if we hadn't blown it against Dundalk and UCD. Then again if we scrape this one back it could be 8 points with 3 to go and all over bar the shoutin'
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The stadium is half empty. How can all the tickets be gone? Good game I think, tight and nervous, (don't!), which is understandable.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the Shoppin Centre end is condemned. And the DEs Kelly stand behind the other goal seems to have been left unused tonight. Rovers only got 1500 tickets. And Bohs wonder why they're broke? In fairness had they not limited it, it would;ve been an away game for them.... As it is there's 1500 Rovers fans there and about 3,000 Bohs fans

On RTE2 for anyone else interested.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking at the Airtricity League from a business perspective, if big name players can be drawn in then the fans will come too. It's a chicken and egg thing I know but if some big money investors came in the crowds would increase.

What kind of money are the players on? How much would you need to pay 1. Older pros retiring from the UK and 2. Loan players from the UK?

And genuinely, what level is the league at in comparison with the English/Scottish leagues? Div 1 in England?
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watched most of it , mighty game. Compare that to the utter crap I had to endure last Saturday for about 20 minutes before I feared I'd throw up ( Wigan v. Wolves ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    Well the Shoppin Centre end is condemned. And the DEs Kelly stand behind the other goal seems to have been left unused tonight. Rovers only got 1500 tickets. And Bohs wonder why they're broke? In fairness had they not limited it, it would;ve been an away game for them.... As it is there's 1500 Rovers fans there and about 3,000 Bohs fans

On RTE2 for anyone else interested.
    if you knew anything about loi or rovers,you would know the gardai wouldnt let the des kelly opened tonight.bottling it again rent boys rovers,how long is it now?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LeDroit I have no idea about the finances but the clubs have to just run on a sensible basis - ie don't spend what you don;t have.

Take Rangers and Celtic out of Scotland and Rovers and Bohs could be a match for any of em. Even at that, the Old Firm may struggle in Tallaght.

Fcking ar5ecakes to it anyway though. IF we fcking blow it again i'll go mental. I've been taking solace in Rovers the last few months as Liverpool crumble (never shoulda sold me!!!) but fcking hell 3 defeats in as many weeks....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    if you knew anything about loi or rovers,you would know the gardai wouldnt let the des kelly opened tonight.bottling it again rent boys rovers,how long is it now?
    Wow a complete ************************ has come along to show us all what a complete ************************ sounds like.

The Gardai should not have had that stand closed. It's pathetic. If Bohs fans can share a stand with Hoops in Tallaght then Rovers could've used a stand that is still 30 yards from any Bohs fans

btw i've been to about 7 Dublin derbies in the last 3 years so fck off with your arsehole nonsense

Cass

Where can you watch the live matches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

7 dublin derbies in 3 years,wow, we have a super fan on our hands.go and help pay the rent on sdcc stadium,"rovers" ************************.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast