Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McWilliams For President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default McWilliams For President

I would like to propose that David McWilliams, the economist, run for the Presidency next year.

The main reason is that he was mostly right about the economy during the boomier years. He is now telling it like it is and getting up the noses of the Fianna Failures.

Another important reason is that we need to keep political hacks like Fey McNorris, Michael Twee and Beardy Finlay away from the plum positions. They are a useless bunch of parasites and should not be rewarded.

Finally, McWilliams goes on a lot about the diaspora. Maybe he will be able to tap that resource and we can begin to move out of our FF-induced depression.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That suggestion could have come from Fianna Fail, What a better way to shut the man up who has been telling us the truth for the last 7 years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mcwilliams is just another tool being used by ff to fudge the issues, nothing the man has ever said has merit.
    to even consider him as president gives the truth to your username

Politics.ie Member libertarian-right's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifreannach View Post
    mcwilliams is just another tool being used by ff to fudge the issues, nothing the man has ever said has merit.
    Explain.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

McWilliams is needed in executive power, either Dail/Senate or senior civil service if he would be willing to serve. He would be bad for the presidency and it for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it's a plum job despite its title. It's mostly ceremonial and only has a higher profile due to the present and previous presidents. That said I agree with the OP that none of the possible candidates at present deserve it. Most of it is being an ambassador, making speeches at functions and being really encouraging to all people.

He'd be a bit like Sarah Plain and have to give up all that moneymaking to take a position that would force him to continually bite his tongue and sign the occasional act into law. Could see a George Lee strop there and him causing a new election.
    Last edited by sic transit; 5th October 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian-right View Post
    Explain.
    follow his career, or better yet actually listen to what he is sayin and think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifreannach View Post
    to even consider him as president
    I think you are giving FF far too much credit here. Most of what he says is for David McWilliams. Like many of our public commentators their egos come first. But I agree he would be completely wrong for the job.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People do listen and he makes sense -more to the point everything he had predicted has come to pass.

Everything his knockers have stated (FF Liars) have not happened.

So what FF cumann do you belong ifreannach?

I wouldnt insult the man though by asking or nominating to another pointless money grabbing post in the big house!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    People do listen and he makes sense -more to the point everything he had predicted has come to pass.

Everything his knockers have stated (FF Liars) have not happened.

So what FF cumann do you belong ifreannach?

I wouldnt insult the man though by asking or nominating to another pointless money grabbing post in the big house!
    lol, if you actually bothered to read a few of my posts you would know i aint no party hack

can you really be that blind you cannot see he is a stooge, a man of the people for himself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast