Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Cuiv heckled and shouted down at public meeting.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default O'Cuiv heckled and shouted down at public meeting.

From twitter

Minister Ó Cúiv braved a public meeting in Cork last night. For 40 minutes he was interrupted with anger and abuse from the floor.
    He stayed for 2 hours answering questions though. "He came into the Lions' Den," one man said.
    Heckles

"Ye're all a disgrace." "Bertie should be jailed." etc.
    Alan Healy (alanhealy) on Twitter

The anger is building!

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see. It has been far too long coming.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O'Cuiv probably completed 2 sentences during the 2 hours.

With all his stuttering and eh eh ah ah eh eh, plus the deserved heckles he would not have said much.
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair dues to him for braving the meeting. No matter what one thinks of the suitability of O Cuiv for high office, and I don't think a whole lot myself, he doesn't strike me as someone in politics to line his own pockets, unlike our esteemed former Taoiseach

But yes, I do think the anger is definitely building. It is only the Irish people will harry these shysters from office, not our heretofore useless Opposition

It's time to strike back and demand an election now.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    It's time to strike back and demand an election now.
    That doesn't actually mean anything does it?

And if you have so little faith in the opposition, what good do you think an election would do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until an election is called Still it will be great news for the Guards, overtime etc. Someone has to protect FF when their out meeting the nation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post

Fair dues to him for braving the meeting. No matter what one thinks of the suitability of O Cuiv for high office, and I don't think a whole lot myself, he doesn't strike me as someone in politics to line his own pockets, unlike our esteemed former Taoiseach
    O'Cuimhbhgh may not be in politics to line his pockets, but he was content to sit idly by while Bertie was telling whoppers to Mahon, so he's every bit as morally corrupt as the rest of them.

During his time as Minister for promoting the Irish Language he scattered taxpayers' funds like snuff at a wake to every hair-brained Gaeltacht job-creation scheme that went across his desk, Furthermore, the long-term costs of his fanatical Official Languages Act will be a massive drain on the exchequer.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Delighted to hear it. They should be afraid to be seen in public until they have sought a mandate (rather unlikely to get it mind) from the Irish people.

Would it be possible for someone to put up a list of public meetings that members of the cabinet are planning to attend?
    So many lamp posts, so little rope.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlabMurphy View Post
    You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until an election is called Still it will be great news for the Guards, overtime etc. Someone has to protect FF when their out meeting the nation.
    they should have to pay for their own protection
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was at an event recently where half the people in the room walked out as a minister came in to give a few words. It was not a political thing, I never saw anything like that before in this country. Nobody said or shouted anything, just walked out. The anger is real.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast