Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: City centre speed limit of 30km to be amended

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default City centre speed limit of 30km to be amended

There's a post somewhere in the mists of P.ie where I gave my views on this after driving the entire area. Seems they are proposing what I proposed back then... Maybe DCC should just read my posts before doing anything

City centre speed limit of 30km to be amended - The Irish Times - Tue, Oct 05, 2010
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jaysus this issue caused a riot on here when it was first discussed.. no one care anymore?
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

An utter irrelevance given how Gardai and Motorists ignore these stupid speed limits... tokenism by cllrs to try (and fail) to have some relevance

BTW wheres all these wonderful Public Transport improvements Bus Gate was supposed to give us ?? ......... absolutely no change ... still the same brutal service (oh wait haven't they issued an upside down map ...well done) with the customer last on DB's list of concerns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think they copped on long ago that it was a stupid idea. All that happened was a 1km reduction in speed. Thankfully the gardaí have also given it the attention it deserves in recent times too - none.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bru, there has been change to pt services. They've cut back buses!!!!!

Actually they're in the process of completely reorienting the ancient network to reflect reality so stupid duplications of services such as along the N11 are being consolidated and some of the more circuitous routes have been altered.
    Network Direct Phase 1 - Dublin Bus

I welcome this plan, but for the fact it's 20 years overdue at least.

As for the speed limit, it is being adhered to in the places where peopel have always driven around 30 kph. Related to the previous point, if Dublin Bus obeyed it, it would work even better

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 30kph was a typical idiotic result of the fools in DCC's Transport Commitee,all smoke and mirrors, doing nothing for safety and ignoring the real dangers to pedestrians on the city centre.

Pond life cyclists , I am talking about the 90% plus typical cyclists who constantly run red lights and ignore the rules of the road in the city centre.

Apologies to the few cyclists that obey the rules of the road.

What's the losers name who was most vocal about the 30kph zone? Andy Montague or something? Himself and his fellow cronies have done more damage to Dublins economy with the idiotic 30 kph zones and private car hatred expressed in their policies. They have forced shoppers out of town and made it much more difficult to do commercial business
    in town by their anti car and anti business road restrictions.

They have made Dublin an unpleasant and worse place to be, God help you if you are an elderley or disabled pedestrian attempting to cross Dame St!

If they had any genuine concern for safety, instead of requesting the Gardai to target motorists that drive at a safe and correct road speed for the prevailing conditions, they would ensure the Gardai take to task the J.C Decaux cyclopaths (but of course putting manners on J C Decaux's cyclists would not be in their personal interest) and other law breaking cyclists who break the law.

Now how about a refund for any motorist that was hit in the pocket by an over enthusiastic fresh out of Templemore Garda in the early days of the 30kph zone

My Garda friends were right when they said it would be rolled back as it was such a stupid idea in the first place

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would just like to say to all those who gloated over the 30 limit, laughing at us keen motorists..... up your ****.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good letter in today's IT.

Speed limit unlimited

Madam, – I see the 30km/h limit in Dublin City Centre is to go because people are ignoring it (Home News, October 5th).

Presumably the traffic lights and litter laws will be next, closely followed by any public order legislation.

If only we had some agency whose job it was to enforce the laws of the land. – Yours, etc,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    The 30kph was a typical idiotic result of the fools in DCC's Transport Commitee,all smoke and mirrors, doing nothing for safety and ignoring the real dangers to pedestrians on the city centre.

Pond life cyclists , I am talking about the 90% plus typical cyclists who constantly run red lights and ignore the rules of the road in the city centre.

Apologies to the few cyclists that obey the rules of the road.

What's the losers name who was most vocal about the 30kph zone? Andy Montague or something? Himself and his fellow cronies have done more damage to Dublins economy with the idiotic 30 kph zones and private car hatred expressed in their policies. They have forced shoppers out of town and made it much more difficult to do commercial business
    in town by their anti car and anti business road restrictions.

They have made Dublin an unpleasant and worse place to be, God help you if you are an elderley or disabled pedestrian attempting to cross Dame St!

If they had any genuine concern for safety, instead of requesting the Gardai to target motorists that drive at a safe and correct road speed for the prevailing conditions, they would ensure the Gardai take to task the J.C Decaux cyclopaths (but of course putting manners on J C Decaux's cyclists would not be in their personal interest) and other law breaking cyclists who break the law.

Now how about a refund for any motorist that was hit in the pocket by an over enthusiastic fresh out of Templemore Garda in the early days of the 30kph zone

My Garda friends were right when they said it would be rolled back as it was such a stupid idea in the first place
    30 kph is not a stupid speed for a city centre.

Virtually the danger to pedestrians and cyclists comes from motorised traffic.

All you want is the right to race as fast as you please from one set of traffic lights to the next.

You have a peculiar fixation on cyclists who break the law. The vast majority of law breaking is done by motorists.
    Last edited by zzzdr; 8th October 2010 at 01:02 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R View Post
    I would just like to say to all those who gloated over the 30 limit, laughing at us keen motorists..... up your ****.
    In response to your cretinous post.

The 30kph limit is still in existence and will remain in force in the majority of the city centre.

Up yours.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast