The Eirgrid Customer Conference will be held in November and kicks-off with a Ministerial Address from Eamon Ryan. EirGrid Group - Customer Conference 2010
Let’s hope they focus on some of the major achievements of the past 12 months:
• Screwing-up the planning application for the Meath-Tyrone 400kV interconnection (EUR7m cost). Eirgrid shows height of arrogance - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie & Eirgrid
• Spending EUR600,000 on a TV advertising campaign EirGrid defends €600,000 publicity campaign - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
• Investing billions integrating wind power while it’s output dropped 17.9% in 2010 http://www.iea.org/stats/surveys/mes.pdf
• Continued spending of EUR601m on the East-West Interconnector without proper cost-benefit analysis
http://www.iae.ie/site_media/pressro..._June_2009.pdfBecause of these flaws in the business case, the overall conclusion that the East-West Interconnector is socially attractive does not stand up to scrutiny.
The CER will be in attendance and I’m sure they’ll discuss the other significant milestones from the electricity sector including:Defer East–West electricity interconnection pending a full techno-economic study confirming its early requirement and economic viability.
• 2,500 disconnections per month Suppliers disconnect electricity to10,678 customers - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 02, 2010
• A 5% hike in bills Energy levy will have 'significant impact' - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 10, 2010
The other major achievement for 2010 was the launch of an iPhone app called SmartGrid http://www.eirgrid.com/media/EirGrid%20Launches%20SmartGrid%20iPhone%20Applicat ion.pdf – looks really useful !
It promises to be a great event
The conference will take place on Wednesday 3rd November, from 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m., in the Ballymascanlon House Hotel, Carlingford Road, Dundalk, Co. Louth. The conference will be followed by a drinks reception to which all attendees are invited.