Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: McWilliams vs Hanafin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default McWilliams vs Hanafin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujcs8g-MghM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - scandalous[/ame]

Seems McWilliams has hit a nerve!

I have been saying this all along anyway along with most clued in people in this joke of a country!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again they claim that they are acting on legal advice. There is no law in this country that states, the Govt cannot do a deal with senior bondholders. There is no law that states the Govt cannot offer a seperate guarantee to deposit holders.

The law they are referring to, only applies in the case of insolvency and only applies to the financial institutions obligations to its bondholders and depositors, not the state.

The state is a seperate entity. It is about time the media called FF on this lie.

yup. McWilliams practically accused them of treason - WITHOUT saying the t word.
    touched a raw nerve with Hanafin alright.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    yup. McWilliams practically accused them of treason - WITHOUT saying the t word.
    touched a raw nerve with Hanafin alright.
    Me thinks, they protest a bit too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like Dermot Aherns nasty little snipes against Simon Coveney insinuating defamatory comments and a threat of possible legal action.
    This indicates the total lack of ability of FF reps to engage with alternative views on the way to deal with the disaster we are going through.
    Its only a chat, we ain't the world council.

Note how Hanafin uses the "how dare you" gambit , when mentioning the "treason" word.

its a classic case of deflection from the topic being discussed.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    Again they claim that they are acting on legal advice. There is no law in this country that states, the Govt cannot do a deal with senior bondholders. There is no law that states the Govt cannot offer a seperate guarantee to deposit holders.

The law they are referring to, only applies in the case of insolvency and only applies to the financial institutions obligations to its bondholders and depositors, not the state.

The state is a seperate entity. It is about time the media called FF on this lie.
    It's not a lie, you eejit.

The Government, whether it owns the bank or not has to protect depositors or we will never have a banking system again.

McWilliams talks about America, does he know if there is a difference in law on this between Europe and America? Has he bothered to find out? If he did, he didn't say so and you'd imagine that would be the first point he would make.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    Me thinks, they protest a bit too much.
    Dead giveaway, isn't it?

I mean if somebody accused me of treason I'd either look at them in confusion wondering what on earth they were spouting on about; or burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of such a charge. Or both, maybe.

What any normal person who wasn't remotely guilty of treason would not do when someone merely hints and insinuates at treason is exactly what Hanafin did do - blow the top in faux-aggrieved outrage. Or do what Lendahand does - spout a wall of plausible-sounding smooth faux-sincere waffle denying the charge with a web of illogic and half-truths thatjust leaves the listener confused.

They know alright. They know they are traitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the way he got her to say it, history will not remember any of these people well.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    It's not a lie, you eejit.

The Government, whether it owns the bank or not has to protect depositors or we will never have a banking system again..
    It doesn't have to protect all depositors for all their deposits though - nobody else does. And it especially doesn't have to protect depositors who also have loans.

Nor does protecting ordinary depositors up to a limit have anything at all to do with protecting bondholders of any variety.

So yeah, lies.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast