Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Browne to apologise tonight for suggesting FG leader should commit suicide

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vincent Browne to apologise tonight for suggesting FG leader should commit suicide

On Thursday night on TV3's Tonight with Vincent Browne the show was discussing the following day's poll figures and Enda Kenny's future, during the exchange, the show's presenter, Vincent Browne suggested that Enda Kenny should go into a dark room with a gun and a bottle of whiskey.

Any truth in the rumour that Enda has been sent into a darkened room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver?
    - Vincent Browne

Browne has said that he will be apologising for the live on-air remarks on tonights show.

Browne told the Irish Independent last night that "Yes it was a stupid, silly, inconsiderate remark to make and I will be apologising for it on the programme on Monday night".

Whilst the shows are normally all available online soon after broadcast, TV3 have not put the video of Thursday's show online.

Members of Politics.ie responded on Thursday night to Vincent Browne's remarks.

Absolutely scandalous comments from Browne concerning Kenny. This man has a young family and does not deserve this type of diatribe. I hope Kenny sues them. Completelty Below the belt from Browne. I knew young men who took their own lives because of financial difficulties caused by decisions that this govt took and he makes comments like this about Kenny. He also failed miserably to land a punch on Lenihan, the very thing he accuses Kenny of. Double standards indeed.
    - Safari on Politics.ie

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah right.. Could they not edit out the remark and still put it up there ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

storm in a tea cup!

I thought it was quite funny and i have experienced the pain and suffering that suicide leaves first hand.

PC gone mad imo.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    On Thursday night on TV3's Tonight with Vincent Browne the show was discussing the following day's poll figures and Enda Kenny's future, during the exchange, the show's presenter, Vincent Browne said that Enda Kenny should go into a dark room with a gun and a bottle of whiskey.

Browne has said that he will be apologising for the live on-air remarks on tonights show.

Browne told the Irish Independent last night that "Yes it was a stupid, silly, inconsiderate remark to make and I will be apologising for it on the programme on Monday night".

Whilst the shows are normally all available online soon after broadcast, TV3 have not put the video of Thursday's show online.
    They usually go up in the late morning on the day after. A few times I have been up early and tried to watch the previous night's show if I missed it, and it won't be up until later in the day. That's a bit nerdish, but if you're on this site, you'll understand

Glad to see he will be apologising for a thoughtless, insensitve remark. Easy enough to say off the cuff but not on national tv.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKELLY View Post
    storm in a tea cup!

I thought it was quite funny and i have experienced the pain and suffering that suicide leaves first hand.

PC gone mad imo.

+1

FFS the way this is being spun you'd swear he was actually postulating a viable FG strategy !

the tyranny of PC in this country is beyond toxic now.

get a damn grip.

About tiime. The remark was in very poor taste, especially after they had covered the suicide increase, earlier in the show. I can't understand the hissy fits after the NOTW ad and this story went under the radar.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The country going down the toilet and Browne gets pulled up on a common expression that had to do with having a personal sense of honour (something that many of these poor people who committed suicide had). But it is quite obvious that these PC ******************************tards have no such concept, no honour and no clue.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thing is, thats what FG will probably do with Kenny anyway!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Daft. It's a common expression and was clearly intended to be ironic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah c'mon; the "whiskey and revolver" thing is obviously meant to be a joke. This is nothing like the annoyed angry way in which Ahern used his famous line.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast