Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Hanafin's Mother

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mary Hanafin's Mother

€20,000 spent on overseas trips for Hanafin's mother - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Around €20,000 of taxpayers' money was spent between 2005 and 2007 to bring Mona Hanafin on official government visits. The minister's mother was invited on the state visits in place of Ms Hanafin's husband, who died in 2003.
    One wonders did Mrs Hanafin pay gift tax on the €20k...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mother Hanafin has form

remember she sued all of us?

Hanafin's mum makes compo claim after she falls in Leinster House - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

lowlife injury compo leech

sue me

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that Minister's are permitted to invite "next of kin"
    on official trips abroad.. This dates back a long time now and has been used by many Ministers over the years including FG and LAB Min's in their time... Even the President avails of this....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this really what we have been reduced to? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
    Is this really what we have been reduced to? Really?
    +1

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FWIW, I saw Mary Hanafin coming through arrivals at Dublin airport in the last month or so, off a scheduled flight, pulling her own suitcase, and going into the multistory, presumably to pick up her own car and drive herself - all this to the great amusement of the posse of limo drivers beside me waiting for their corporate clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In general I'm against partners being brought on State visits (as it is unnecessary and furthermore uses state money to promote certain ways of living)

However...given that they do occur... I think this targeting of Mary/Mona Hanafin is low

"So immediately after the death of my husband, it was suggested to me that my mother might like to accompany me and did just on St Patrick's Day and on the state visit of the President.

"A couple of those were for long visits because they were to New Zealand with the President. Because of that, there were costs which amounted to about €20,000 but obviously as time has passed . . . I don't bring her with me as an accompanying person."
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pathetic childish thread. There's loads we can do Hanafin&Co for without this ************************e. One of the posts on a personal injury claim by her ma is positively libelous.
    If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Julius Caesar

Targeting a widow over €20,000 is gutter journalism. How about unravelling the various banking anomolies over the past 10 years, or is that just to much like hard grafted research?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmyposts View Post
    Lower than Hanafins targeting of the Irish taxpayer following her 'fall' in Leinster House?

Hanafin's mum makes compo claim after she falls in Leinster House - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie
    Clearly, yes. Much, much lower.

You have no idea whether Mrs Hanafin's claim was legitimate or not and are basing your criticism on your assumption that she did not have reason, for which you have no evidence. Perhaps there was gross negligence and why should she have to pay medical bills and suffer pain as a result of someone else's negligence.

Mary Hanafin brought her mum with her on trips while she was bereaved.

It is very low to be using that against her.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast