Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV3 not welcome in Government Buildings.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TV3 not welcome in Government Buildings.

A report in today's Sunday Tribune says that Eoghan O Neachtáin,GIS told and threatened TV3 camera crew and staff that they were not welcome in Gov Buildings during a recent release there. He did say however that RTE were welcome ! This is a most serious escalation of the one party,one TV reporting Eastern Bloc style of government. Do FF and Gov Press secretary control and own Gov Buildings ? Surprised this has not been reported before now. Sorry I do not have link,but it may be available later.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It may have something to do with the bold Ursala's rather direct question to Cowen concerning his inebriated state.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

FF begin their assault in the Free Media following suit on Obama's treatment of Fox.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    It may have something to do with the bold Ursala's rather direct question to Cowen concerning his inebriated state.
    I suspect that may be the case. Gov are now doing interviews with Biffo by GIS staff, Mark Costigan, and releasing them to press. No doubt RTE will oblige and snap up such scoops !
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last week, Brian Cowen did an interview with his own Government Press Secretary, and it was covered on RTE. No "independent" journalists were allowed to interview him, or question him.

The State broadcaster should have flatly refused to air the interview. Either he faces the media, or he doesn't. Simple as that.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Indeed it is but if he's being held up to a required standard shouldn't the media doing the interviews be held to the same standard?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    Indeed it is but if he's being held up to a required standard shouldn't the media doing the interviews be held to the same standard?
    same standard as what ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunandelly View Post
    Looks better than RTE anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    same standard as what ?
    Show up in proper state of mind and do the interview to the best of his ability. In return he should expect to talk to an interviewer who can demonstrate a little more than just "Paxmanesque" aggression. Quite a few "journalists" out there I wouldn't want to be interviewed by.
    Last edited by sic transit; 3rd October 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    Show up in proper state of mind and do the interview to the best of his ability. In return he should expect to talk to an interviewer who can demonstrate a little more than just "Paxmanesque" aggression. Quite a few "journalists" out there I wouldn't want to be interviewed by.
    And if he was not in proper state of mind, would "interview" with GIS go ahead ?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast