Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Fionnan Sheahan delusional, or ignorant?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Fionnan Sheahan delusional, or ignorant?

He comes out with this classic:

"The Irish banking system is at rock bottom today," the Finance Minister declared.

Perhaps, but the country at large is left with the estimated 50bn final bill from the banking bailout.

The bill will take a decade, at least, to pay off
    and probably longer.
    No Fionnan, you clown, the government have no intention of paying it off as we are broke. It will just be added to the national debt.

Those nice interest payments do not pay down the loan, they are just interest payments.

Fionnan Sheahan: Parties now have nowhere to hide -they need a plan - Fionnan Sheahan, Columnists - Independent.ie
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is nothing but a FF hack, married to Avril Power, a FF LE candidate in 2009, and policy advisor to Mary Hanafin in every Dept she's been in. His recent anger and this polemic are born of a defensiveness evident in all FF hacks, politicians and supporters which can only be described as a siege mentality.

I just hope as they circle the wagons that they decide to engage in a circular firing squad too.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sheehan is just a Sir Anto hack who does what he is told. He will have an odd swipe at Biffo and FF when it is popular to do so, but when the chips are down he knows where his bread is buttered. Maybe too much emphasis is put on the likes of him, who are they -most of them just drinking buddies and hangers on of late night politicians. We have to rely on foreign media to know whats really happening here !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    He comes out with this classic:

No Fionnan, you clown, the government have no intention of paying it off as we are broke. It will just be added to the national debt.

Those nice interest payments do not pay down the loan, they are just interest payments.

Fionnan Sheahan: Parties now have nowhere to hide -they need a plan - Fionnan Sheahan, Columnists - Independent.ie
    If you think the Irish government plan is to default, why is absolutely nobody else - except Fintan O'Toole - seriously suggesting it? You can claim it is a secret plan/conspiracy if you like, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    He is nothing but a FF hack, married to Avril Power, a FF LE candidate in 2009, and policy advisor to Mary Hanafin in every Dept she's been in. His recent anger and this polemic are born of a defensiveness evident in all FF hacks, politicians and supporters which can only be described as a siege mentality.

I just hope as they circle the wagons that they decide to engage in a circular firing squad too.
    And you seriously believe that men have no opinions other than what their wives think. Your beliefs are patently ridiculous and make you a non-serious contributor.

You are wishing death upon the OP subject and I have reported your post.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have read the article and I fail to see what the fuss is about.Fionan has been a fair commentator on political events and suggesting that all parties must step up to the plate is a reasonable proposition--politics in this country must change if we are to extricate ourselves out of the FF created mess that we find ourselves in--legislators must legislate and the parish pump end of the business must be left to be dealt with not in Leinster House but at the parish pump where it belongs--there is a huge need for the reform of Parliament and for a complete re appraisal of the way our local government is operated---this is URGENT business that cannot be longfingered. Fionan may be married to a FF activist but as someone who would be very conscious of journalistic bias I must say that I have not encountered any trace of bias in either his writing or his comments on radio or television--cannot comment on his tweets or twitters as I have very little knowledge of these mediums

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was in 1st year in ucc when he was in his final year, he was stuck in evrey crackpot society. he was known affectionately as the ginger tos**r, he hasnt changed much since then. He tried attacking mcwilliams the other night on browne and made himself look very stupid.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post

You are wishing death upon the OP subject and I have reported your post.

Get a life , this is not a death threat. By the way did anyone hear our DC on Newstalk this morning with B O Brien. I do not wish to misquote him as I am watched like a hawk here, but I think he said there was room for a new party here, (to come from disillusioned FFers and FGers) which would advocate LOW taxes. Now for God's sake after what the PDs have done to our country with that Boston/ Berlin philosophy, I think its the last thing we need, like a hole in the head. Thats what I think he said at the very end.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post

Lay off the wife bashing.................we can't help who we fall in love with.

I married a Fianna Failer too, that doesn't mean that I share any of her political opinions.

Fionnan has usually been fairly even handed.............in getting stuck into all sides.

Eyes too close together which gives him a very untrustworthy look. Then when he opens his mouth it's hard to figure out what he is saying with his forked tongue and his OTT mock indignation.
    There are a lot of substandard politicians in the country who I would hate to have to have a guinesss with but I would not share a pint with this guy, ever, even IF he was buying.
    I would just feel like spooning him baby food instead.
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommygavin View Post
    I was in 1st year in ucc when he was in his final year, he was stuck in evrey crackpot society. he was known affectionately as the ginger tos**r, he hasnt changed much since then. He tried attacking mcwilliams the other night on browne and made himself look very stupid.
    Well done for achieving so much more than him in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Get a life , this is not a death threat. By the way did anyone hear our DC on Newstalk this morning with B O Brien. I do not wish to misquote him as I am watched like a hawk here, but I think he said there was room for a new party here, (to come from disillusioned FFers and FGers) which would advocate LOW taxes. Now for God's sake after what the PDs have done to our country with that Boston/ Berlin philosophy, I think its the last thing we need, like a hole in the head. Thats what I think he said at the very end.
    You understand that high taxes will drive away every employer except the Irish State? A wet dream for Labour and the unions, to be sure, because it gives them incomparable power. But a nightmare for everyone else.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast