Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No point protesting. Sod all we can do!

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default No point protesting. Sod all we can do!

Okay, we've been sold out, literally, by our own. Instead of guarding us against the money markets, the stocks and shares gamblers, our Government gave them a free hand. More than a free hand in some cases as we know to our cost.

But if the Government won't go, and the damage is done and cannot be undone, what's the point in protesting anyway? They have bankrupted us, and we, not them, will suffer. As the suicide rates climb dramatically, as despair hits those of us who have lost jobs, homes, and worse, dignity, our hope plunges even deeper.

We are not fighting against guns or soldiers here. We are fighting an unseen enemy protected by national and international forces. The money market. We are landed with a Government who facilitated the abuse of public spending by crooks.

What can we, the ordinary people do? We elected this Government. We are not allowed to change our minds now that we know what we know. We have to let them stay put. We have to live with these betrayals. Don't we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we can put a dagger thru the heart of fianna fail whenever the general election comes...
    then we fix things bit by bit.
    and make sure we never forget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get what you are saying !

It is very frustrating !, I was in work today and I got a random phonecall from a liveline rep, I was on it a few wks giving it loads re the "state of the nation" and she asked me had I stuck my protest poster on my car, I said I had etc and let rip re the last few days etc in if I say myself a semi sensible way, I did not get on the show, as it was disrailed on other stuff, but the fact that they rang me re been on the show before..was interesting. I am attending the frontline audience this monday, I may speak, I may not...I want to say something relevant...and blow their minds...not just moaning..I have some ideas..

POLITICAL REFORM cannot happen until after a GE, I do not want this govt putting in the next budget or the "projecting" the next 4 yrs, they do not have the RIGHT, they do not have a MANDATE.

I am a "mammy" working FT (TG) living in a neg ag hse in tallaght with a partner in construction and with 3 small kids and very angy...
    Repeal the 8th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"We are not allowed to change our minds now"

Opps Lisbon mark 2!!!!

I know how you feel....but if we don't show them in a public way how angry we are....they all continue with their platitudes of "the public being upset because of the difficult decisions"...(GRRRRRR)...thing is though that when a march is organised in conjunction with the unions or a political party....people do not go...and there are very few organisations that can organise without the input of either!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PUFF DADDY View Post
    I get what you are saying !

It is very frustrating !, I was in work today and I got a random phonecall from a liveline rep, I was on it a few wks giving it loads re the "state of the nation" and she asked me had I stuck my protest poster on my car, I said I had etc and let rip re the last few days etc in if I say myself a semi sensible way, I did not get on the show, as it was disrailed on other stuff, but the fact that they rang me re been on the show before..was interesting. I am attending the frontline audience this monday, I may speak, I may not...I want to say something relevant...and blow their minds...not just moaning..I have some ideas..

POLITICAL REFORM cannot happen until after a GE, I do not want this govt putting in the next budget or the "projecting" the next 4 yrs, they do not have the RIGHT, they do not have a MANDATE.

I am a "mammy" working FT (TG) living in a neg ag hse in tallaght with a partner in construction and with 3 small kids and very angy...

When you are on frontline, say something poigantly, to the audience, look left, then look right, when you are speaking, and look right into the camera, and show your anger and frustration with the inemptitudes we have in goverment, and maybe you may inspire many to take a stance for once.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This apathetic "ach sure the damage is done what can ye do, don't be rocking the boat, keep the head down and shure maybe it'll get better" nonsense is exactly what Fianna Fáil rely on.

They know that they can carry out heist after heist robbing the resources of the nation and a sufficient number of stupid apathetic paddies will bend over and take it and vote them back in again to continue looting, with a "ach shure what can ye do, better the divil ye know, twould be worse under that other shower"

D'ye know what we could do? We could turf FF out of power; rescind the Guarantee as a corrupt act and put these zombie turkey banks into liquidation; institute criminal proceedings for fraud and theft against the lot of them and their banker/builder mates; do a spot of extraordinary rendition to get the likes of the bould Johnny back in the country, haul these scum over hot coals until they give up the numbers of their foreign bankl accounts; tell the world we're not paying debts due to corruption and default on every penny of certainly the Anglo and INBS debt; slash and burn through all the FF corruption networks and subsidies to their mates and croney supply contracts and croney rigged markets and dodgy laws to favour the connected insiders and dodgy rental deals and on and on with the pork, rip it all out and let those parasites starve for a change, that'll lop a good few billion off the deficit and reduce the general price level in the economy overnight; restore the rule of law and accountability; slash politician pay and perks as a symbolic gesture; basically make it clear that we've routed the nest of vipers the feck out of the place and we're cleaning up our act and behaving like a lawful country not a wild west gangster paradise.

That's what we could do. And within a couple of years we could have a functioning balanced economy with a strong indiginous SME sector providing sustainable jobs at sustainable wages in a country with a low and stable and fair cost of living and no deficit and no more fecking Fianna Fáil spoofing chancers and thieves roaming round the place with their big red pig faces and big thick pig necks elbowing their big piggy frames into every trough going and trying to convince us all that they deserve it and we should be grateful for the pigmen as they steal the food from your mouth, cos "shure dem others would be worse".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    When you are on frontline, say something poigantly, to the audience, look left, then look right, when you are speaking, and look right into the camera, and show your anger and frustration with the inemptitudes we have in goverment, and maybe you may inspire many to take a stance for once.
    Thanks sport02 and Laz (Mrs OP from Mayo

I see where you are coming from re been poigant etc, going to think hard about it.

but don't want to be seen as the usual moanline etc, we have to show some hope for our KIDS and lets be honest their kids ?
    Repeal the 8th

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't give up hope.. protest works.. just target it properly.. every machine can be disassembled
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Puff ...you only get on Joe if you are saying what the researchers want to hear.
    been on a few times..and they have rang me a few times...but I didn't "get" on because my view didn't "suit" the particular thread of the show.

Joe will not save us!. (he is a pressure valve of sorts...)...but feet on streets will keep up the pressure..if we can find a march that has no defined agenda..and thats the hard bit.

Most posters here know I'm a nurse...have never and will never attend a march EXCEPT on patient issues ONLY...and they are kinda hard to come by!!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no point in protesting.
    Sane people know there is no point.

But a lot of previously sane people are going to lose the rag big fecking time.

In Ecuador rogue police and soldiers attempted to oust the President yesterday.

A mad eejit with a cement truck who rammed the gates of Leinster House might be the tip of the iceberg.

Could we witness days of rioting like Greece or months of disorder like Thailand?

Who knows?

If the crooks who got us into this mess are not brought before the courts we could have serious civil disorder.

There are lots of gangland hits going on and a lot of psychos with guns.
    It only takes one lunatic with nothing to lose who could stick a Glock in the guts of a politician strolling around the corner from the Dail for lunch.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast