Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best analogy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The best analogy.

What's the best analogy that's bandied about in the media to show us the real value of the fifty billion euro to bail out the banks? My favourite one is: if you had fifty billion euro in twenty euro notes and pile them on top of each other they would stretch to the moon. Apparently it's true!
    Last edited by manna; 1st October 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you're talking serious money.
    "We’re entering an era of outsourced censorship, where the terrible things once done by the state are now done by Silicon Valley suits."

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to the Primetime special the other night.. the best case scenario for Anglo alone, at 29 billion.. and remember, thats best case scenario, would pay for 44 brand new childrens hospitals.

44 brand new childrens hospitals!!!!

Tell that to every single FF TD, Senator, Cllr and member when you meet him or her next time

44 brand new childrens hospitals !!!
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the money was in one euro coins and you counted it at the rate of one euro per second day and night, 24 per day, 365.25 per year without ever stoping or without ever sleeping ...... it would take you .....just over 1,700 years.
    Last edited by cry freedom; 2nd October 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: changed euro note to euro coin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My own personal analogy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj-1b1Yvep8]YouTube - Nearer My God To Thee[/ame]
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    My own personal analogy:

YouTube - Nearer My God To Thee
    Very good analogy! They should have a competition for the best analogy of black Thursday on Politics.ie One that will stick irrevocably in the consciousness of our once proud country: Ireland! The last thing we might loose is our unique creativity. Surely, they can't take that a way from us. Can they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manna View Post
    Very good analogy! They should have a competition for the best analogy of black Thursday on Politics.ie One that will stick irrevocably in the consciousness of our once proud country: Ireland! The last thing we might loose is our unique creativity. Surely, they can't take that a way from us. Can they?
    Er, what unique creativity?
    It's believing in mystical shyte like this that has us where we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manna View Post
    Well I'm gonzo come January. Sooner if I can help it.
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    According to the Primetime special the other night.. the best case scenario for Anglo alone, at 29 billion.. and remember, thats best case scenario, would pay for 44 brand new childrens hospitals.

44 brand new childrens hospitals!!!!

Tell that to every single FF TD, Senator, Cllr and member when you meet him or her next time

44 brand new childrens hospitals !!!
    Or the total Nasa budget for (?) years...and then they mentioned the "new" Earth planet that had been discovered..and how maybe funding a few rocket trips to a new planet might appeal!...Only thing that made me smile that day!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    My own personal analogy:

YouTube - Nearer My God To Thee
    Mine.....

either....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2IwOemnjbI]YouTube - Boomtown Rats - Banana Republic 1980[/ame]

OR....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4&ob=av3e]YouTube - The Specials - Ghost Town[/ame]

The Specials is just ahead in my book!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast