Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden throws his lot in with the climate change loons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bin Laden throws his lot in with the climate change loons

Reinforcing his January message of blaming the US for global warming, Bin Laden follows up

BBC News - 'Osama Bin Laden' tape on relief work
    In the recording, the voice says more people are affected by climate change than wars, and appears to refer to recent flooding in Pakistan.

"The catastrophe (in Pakistan) is very big and it is difficult to describe it," says the voice.

In a previous recording said to be of Bin Laden, broadcast in January, he blamed the US for global warming.
    We can now expect the climate change loons will tell us if we don't run around like headless chickens and go back to the Stone Ages immediately, that Bin Laden will send us there anyway

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since when is a loon the person who doesn't believe the weight of scientific evidence and belief about a phenomenon? When I was a child, we learned that "loons" were people who believed in scientifically disproved phenomena, like the Flat Earth Society. Now it's people who don't rattle off the usual oil company-produced clichés?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Strange the Bin Ladan should seem sane as compared to the writer of the OP of this thread.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
    Since when is a loon the person who doesn't believe the weight of scientific evidence and belief about a phenomenon? When I was a child, we learned that "loons" were people who believed in scientifically disproved phenomena, like the Flat Earth Society. Now it's people who don't rattle off the usual oil company-produced clichés?
    perhaps its to do with losing respect for the integrity of the scientific community and difficulty in accepting the notion that they can tell us what the weather/climate will be like in 50 years given they change their minds about it so much and have little interest in examining other reasons for potential climate change.... perhaps ...

obviously pandering to the eco-nutters. Islamism hates western civilisation as much as them. so its obvious that he's reaching out to them in a kind of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" way.

wont be too long before you have greenpeace lunatic suicide bombers shouting "allahu akbar" right before destroying an outlet of McDonalds.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    obviously pandering to the eco-nutters. Islamism hates western civilisation as much as them. so its obvious that he's reaching out to them in a kind of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" way.

wont be too long before you have greenpeace lunatic suicide bombers shouting "allahu akbar" right before destroying an outlet of McDonalds.
    now there's a horrible thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The IPCC made the pronouncement that climate change should be limited to increases of 2 degrees Celsius. Where is the scientific research backing that up ? You won't find it, as Pachauri made the figure up.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galleyslave View Post
    perhaps its to do with losing respect for the integrity of the scientific community and difficulty in accepting the notion that they can tell us what the weather/climate will be like in 50 years given they change their minds about it so much and have little interest in examining other reasons for potential climate change.... perhaps ...
    Have you disproved the AGW hypothesis? I am sure everyone will be interested to hear why you, an anonymous internet commentator, are spending your time talking about your great discovery here rather than at scientific symposia. Don't hide your light under a bushel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    The IPCC made the pronouncement that climate change should be limited to increases of 2 degrees Celsius. Where is the scientific research backing that up ? You won't find it, as Pachauri made the figure up.

cYp
    I have science on my side. How much are you willing to wager at what odds that the world will be cooler in 20 years' time than it is now? I'll take very favourable odds if you really believe that climate is changing by some random process!

Have you disproved the AGW hypothesis? I am sure everyone will be interested to hear why you, an anonymous internet commentator, are spending your time talking about your great discovery here rather than at scientific symposia. Don't hide your light under a bushel!
    oh dear god. have you been living under a rock for the past year?

here's a big hint : CLIMATEGATE.. dig around and go from there.

jaysus - i cant believe we're even having this argument now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast