Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryder Cup is too important for the off-topic community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ryder Cup is too important for the off-topic community

OK people, most important golfing event and we don't want to be PC, or is that DC, and have it relegated to the off-topic Siberian wastes.

One of the few occasions where we, collectively as Europeans, can get one over those arrogant feckers across the water. So let's set aside our EU/Lisbon/Corporation tax issues and get behind this team with Harrington to make the winning put that regains the cup.
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That OP looks political enough to me

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    OK people, most important golfing event and we don't want to be PC, or is that DC, and have it relegated to the off-topic Siberian wastes.

One of the few occasions where we, collectively as Europeans, can get one over those arrogant feckers across the water. So let's set aside our EU/Lisbon/Corporation tax issues and get behind this team with Harrington to make the winning put that regains the cup.
    Whats in it for you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Agreed. Hell it's the one time the EU unites under the flag.

All even at the moment:

Westwood/Kaymer 2 up v Mickelson/D Johnson (after 9)
    McIlroy/McDowell 1 down v Cink/Kuchar (8)
    Poulter/Fisher 1 up v Stricker Woods (7)
    Donald/Harrington 2 down v Watson/Overton (6)
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    Whats in it for you?
    Good man Cael, I knew I could rely on you to politicise this thread.

Sync - maith an fear

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cael View Post
    Whats in it for you?
    Are you Bertie Ahern?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Harrington has already reached the highest pinnacle in sport (multiple major winner), this competition is lesser to the majors, it's like Olympic football imho.

I also don't feel the rivalry issue, good rivalry can elevate a competition but is there such rivalry in Golf between Euros and Americans? Most people identify with country, do Irish people care if a Euro team sinks a US team or is it that a sense of European 'solidarity' versus a 'rival' is being contrived?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

But ....it's only Golf.

I'm happy to see the Yanks whupped at anything from tiddlywinks to scrabble - but at the end of the day this is only Golf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are talking golf here, I would rather watch a disgusting slasher movie with lot's of ketchup! I loath that game with such a passion, I would willingly plant landmines on the courses. I would go commando and plant the worst of weeds on the greens and fairways at night (is that what there're called?) I F*****g hate this stupid excuse of a sport. Much, much worse than I hate Fianna Fail!

Got that of me chest, happy now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fecker View Post
    You are talking golf here, I would rather watch a disgusting slasher movie with lot's of ketchup! I loath that game with such a passion, I would willingly plant landmines on the courses. I would go commando and plant the worst of weeds on the greens and fairways at night (is that what there're called?) I F*****g hate this stupid excuse of a sport. Much, much worse than I hate Fianna Fail!

Got that of me chest, happy now
    And we're off! Early start this morning after an enforced diet of slasher movies. After that post, now I know what FF feel like when tackled about the economy, so I'll take their best practice and ignore that post (much like FF ignore the economy) and move right along.

Expect numerous bumps and anecdotes as we move through till Monday.

Westwood/Kaymer 1 up v Mickelson/D Johnson (after 12)
    McIlroy/McDowell 2 down v Cink/Kuchar (11)
    Poulter/Fisher AS v Stricker Woods (10)
    Donald/Harrington 1 down v Watson/Overton (8)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast