I was self employed for the last 4 years. I worked with the same company all that time. I could earn up to €70K per year. It was in the terms of the contract. I was let go last April, and have worked on some of the biggest projects in the country.
Because I was self employed
• I cannot get the dole, and because my wife earns over the threshold (and not by much) I cannot get job seekers.
• I cannot get on any back to work scheme (you have to be in receipt of dole or job seekers)
• I cannot get any of the college places that the unemployed receive (you have to be in receipt of dole job or seekers)
• If I never get a PAYE job again, I will never ever receive any payment from the gov.
• I cannot access the funding to do a post graduate as I do not qualify as I am not in receipt of any government handouts
I have a primary degree, with two post graduate diplomas. I have three children, ages 6, 2 (with down syndrome) and 8 weeks
What do I do now??