Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: MICHIGAN: Assistant Attorney General Harasses Gay College Student

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MICHIGAN: Assistant Attorney General Harasses Gay College Student

This is a crazy story!!!

Original Interview From CNN:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwObjKZg9Jw]YouTube - AC360 - Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student Chris Armstrong - Pt. 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajmSePNQX4"]YouTube - AC360 - Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student Chris Armstrong - Pt. 2[/ame]

Source: Joe My God - MICHIGAN: Assistant Attorney General Harasses Gay College Student

Update:
    Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox has reversed his position and suspended Assistant AG Andrew Shivrell (left) after a national media outcry about Shivrell's cyber-harassment of openly gay University of Michigan student body president Chris Armstrong.

The suspension came a day after Cox told CNN he didn't intend to fire Shirvell, citing civil service rules that protect government employees from being "fired willy-nilly" for exercising their rights of free speech. Cox said he hadn't earlier read all of Shirvell's blog, "Chris Armstrong Watch," that dogs Armstrong, the 21-year-old, openly gay president of U-M's student government and accuses him of "anti-Christian behavior," "mocking God," promoting homosexuality and trying "to recruit your sons and daughters" into the gay lifestyle. "I'm at fault here," Cox said. "I've been saying for weeks that (Shirvell's) been acting like a bully, that his behavior is immature, but it's after-hours and protected by the First Amendment." But Cox also took a shot at Gov. Jennifer Granholm, who posted a Twitter item Thursday saying she would have fired Shirvell. "I don't know why she's so freaking irresponsible. ... she went to Harvard Law School," Cox said. "The civil service rules are a huge shield for free speech and she knows that."

The ACLU is backing Cox's opinion on Shivrell's First Amendment rights, saying they believe "the answer to hate speech is more speech."
    Source: Joe My God - MICHIGAN: Andrew Shivrell Suspended

My Comments:
    1) What a homophobic bigot Andrew Shivrell is, as all Chris Armstrong (the gay student) did to get his hate was win a student union election while being gay!!!

2) This is not his first ant gay campaign ether, in 2005 he was part of a campaign to get a local pizza store boycotted because they had a gay pride rainbow up in the window
    Source: Joe My God - Assistant Michigan AG Andrew Shirvell's Anti-Gay Harassment Goes Way Back

3) Thank god the media pressure has forced Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox to can his ass as he is a disgrace to his office, profession and whatever faith he believes in!!!!
    Last edited by USER1234; 2nd October 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE 2:

he was not fired, (unfortunately) he is an indefinite leave and will face disciplinary action when he return to his job!!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't see much evidence of "harassment" there.

The homophobia police are always on the look-out to lynch people who don't agree with their opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    Don't see much evidence of "harassment" there.
    I suggest you actually watch the cnn interview videos so you know what the story's about, and look again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    The homophobia police are always on the look-out to lynch people who don't agree with their opinions.
    This guy is lynching himself by his own actions
    Last edited by USER1234; 2nd October 2010 at 10:06 PM.