Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Black Thursday Lenihan got an easy ride from the media ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Has Black Thursday Lenihan got an easy ride from the media ?

I was listening to Donie Cassidy in Seanad yesterday extolling the virtues of that great man Brian Lenihan, on as it happened, Black Thursday. Cassidy said Lenihan was the greatest he had seen in Leinster house since 1962, when Donie first came though the gates, as a visitor I assume ! Is it the case that Lenihan of Anglo being of systemic importance, that would cost us no more than 4 billion to bail out; Lenihan of the liquidity, not solvency crisis; Lenihan of the many corners turned with calls to patriotic duty, has had such an easy ride, aided and abetted by the attitude that this man who in bad health has given all to save our country from the ruin his party of which he is a tribal member brought us. Dont forget Brian was the man who went on to the altar and read lesson at state funeral of CJH, the man who thieved from his fathers sick fund.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also meant to mention that part of Brian Snr "no problem"seems to have rubbed off on him in a big way, sure its only Brian.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lenihan invokes the spirit of hope over experience in us all.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    Lenihan invokes the spirit of hope over experience in us all.

What about delusion and illusion ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must understand the loyalty that is Fianna Fail, I was watching the Dail on Wed. there was Haughey and Connor Lenihan side by side, I would be ashamed to be seen next to Haughey junior, You cannot beat the loyalty of Fianna Fail. Look at Fine Gael and the back stabbers that Kenny has to deal with, They will give him no help just sly Quotes to hungry journalists.
    There is a letter in todays Irish Independent saying they are amazed that Fianna Fail still have 25%, support, are the loyal to Fianna Fail or the country,.
    They request, Can we have a poll that asks. If you think that the people who still support Fianna Fail are traitors,. I may not go that far but according to some Fianna Fail posters here by their attacks on Kenny they are just like the alcoholic in the early stages who cannot face the truth nearer home. There is always hope.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Short answer: yes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    You must understand the loyalty that is Fianna Fail, I was watching the Dail on Wed. there was Haughey and Connor Lenihan side by side, I would be ashamed to be seen next to Haughey junior, You cannot beat the loyalty of Fianna Fail. Look at Fine Gael and the back stabbers that Kenny has to deal with, They will give him no help just sly Quotes to hungry journalists.
    There is a letter in todays Irish Independent saying they are amazed that Fianna Fail still have 25%, support, are the loyal to Fianna Fail or the country,.
    They request, Can we have a poll that asks. If you think that the people who still support Fianna Fail are traitors,. I may not go that far but according to some Fianna Fail posters here by their attacks on Kenny they are just like the alcoholic in the early stages who cannot face the truth nearer home. There is always hope.

Of course loyalty is the word, which i almost admire in some ways. When you look at the Indo- every day this Sir Anto rag has the usual FG TDs quoted anonymously of course about next heave. There are probably about 3/4 of them in all,most in Dublin talking to Sir AJ paper.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I was listening to Donie Cassidy in Seanad yesterday extolling the virtues of that great man Brian Lenihan, on as it happened, Black Thursday. Cassidy said Lenihan was the greatest he had seen in Leinster house since 1962, when Donie first came though the gates, as a visitor I assume ! Is it the case that Lenihan of Anglo being of systemic importance, that would cost us no more than 4 billion to bail out; Lenihan of the liquidity, not solvency crisis; Lenihan of the many corners turned with calls to patriotic duty, has had such an easy ride, aided and abetted by the attitude that this man who in bad health has given all to save our country from the ruin his party of which he is a tribal member brought us. Dont forget Brian was the man who went on to the altar and read lesson at state funeral of CJH, the man who thieved from his fathers sick fund.

The Lenihan family are very skilled at spoofing their way through any situation.

Lenihan's granduncle, Joseph Lenihan, a convicted frauster, even managed to con the Nazis.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Breadan O'Connor View Post
    The Lenihan family are very skilled at spoofing their way through any situation.

Lenihan's granduncle, Joseph Lenihan, a convicted frauster, even managed to con the Nazis.

Tell us more about Joseph, never heard that !

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Tell us more about Joseph, never heard that !
    I'm intrigued too!

Found this:

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...5-1420638.html
    Last edited by FakeViking; 1st October 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added "indo" link

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast