Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When will the powderkeg of anger blow??

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default When will the powderkeg of anger blow??

I hope I am not alone in feeling that there is a huge head of anger building up in the country?? Is it just a matter of time before a spark emerges which will cause the powder keg to blow? Could it be the budget? or could it be somthing quite minor as a heavy handed response to the Anglo Avenger cement lorry protester? Thius blog posting seems to pinpoint where a lot of the anger is coming from ...
    "AN UNREPENTANT COMMUNIST....."

Politics.ie Member libertarian-right's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AN UNREPENTANT COMMUNIST....."
    Cael?

In all seriousness, it will be the budget that will make sparks fly..could people connect the two, your services are being cut BECAUSE of the deficit/bank bailout, your taxes are rising BECAUSE..etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the IMF comes in, but by then it will be too late.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    When the IMF comes in, but by then it will be too late.
    I would be amazed if we see Greece type anger in Ireland.. I don't think we have it in us anymore as a nation. I think we are Bar Stool protesters.. Maybe if they change the price of the Pint we would see mass protest\riots.. That sort of says something about us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joenitka View Post
    Maybe if they change the price of the Pint we would see mass protest\riots.. That sort of says something about us
    That's it exactly.Imagine what would happen if pubs were not allowed to show Sky Sports any more,riots!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be amazed if we see Greece type anger in Ireland.. I don't think we have it in us anymore as a nation. I think we are Bar Stool protesters.. Maybe if they change the price of the Pint we would see mass protest\riots.. That sort of says something about us
    +1 to that....I am really sorry to say!!! We should be ashamed of our passiveness in all this!!!Me included and Ive attended protests, called up Govt departments, TD's, Senators even

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loaded32 View Post
    +1 to that....I am really sorry to say!!! We should be ashamed of our passiveness in all this!!!Me included and Ive attended protests, called up Govt departments, TD's, Senators even
    Its more the ignorance that sickens me... I talk to people here at work (I do not work in Finance but they do Finance) and they say things like "REALLY you think that may happen" or "Ahh I am sick of hearing about it when I hear or see anything about it I switch over"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The day after the budget
    Repeal the 8th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will not happen until there is real 'herd' movement. The Irish people in general are conditioned to never stick their heads above the parapet, stick their necks out... take a stand on something or say something different to the rest of the herd... but once the herd starts moving they will all pile in and go along behind and it will be a terrible thing.
    “Words are animals, alive with a will of their own”.

Yeah, I'd agree with the above. Not thrilled about it, but I reckon that's where we're at as a nation these days.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast