Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did the Taoiseach just indicate that the Croke Park Agreement was dead?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Did the Taoiseach just indicate that the Croke Park Agreement was dead?

Brian Dowling on RTÉ News just stated that he said that "schools and hospitals would not be closed but that there would be a fundamental adjustment in relation to the public sector."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Croke Park deal is dead. How could it possibly be any other way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would have imagined that the croke park agreement (if it was implemented correctly) would represent a "fundamental adjustment in relation to the public sector". The problem is if it works who the hell will become the next set of whipping boys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If theres a 4 year budget plan being put in place, bet your dollar that public servants are being hit. It'll be pain all round so no sector is seen to get hit in isolation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
    If theres a 4 year budget plan being put in place, bet your dollar that public servants are being hit. It'll be pain all round so no sector is seen to get hit in isolation.
    Like they've done so far like......the pork barrel will still be stuffed, when people are starving on the streets.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All deals this government have made are worthless as the keep breaking their word. There is no bottom line, a national or any type of agreement is pointless. Let them do what they have to do and let others do what they have to do. People either accept the final outcome or their dont. I rejected this deal as I knew it was nonsense. I expect a major exodus from the PS particularly in health, anyone who has a choice will leave, does that dont have a choice will be very bitter.

The 2 Brians would not know what reform looked like if it bit them, there are emersed in this State since they were born. They think it is great.

A four year budget plan from a government with less than a year left if office is a joke. It is also a joke from a government that constantly updates its bottom line plan. There will be another plan every six months. They are a total joke and totally incredible now no matter what they do.

Croke park my eye.

the 4 year budget plan was not of Lenihan's making - it was an order from the EU Commission.

( reported on Pat Kenny this morning)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    the 4 year budget plan was not of Lenihan's making - it was an order from the EU Commission.

( reported on Pat Kenny this morning)
    BS - mark my words, the EU didnt do a solo run, this is all choreographed. A plans is put in place, Lenihan gets to blame the EU for all the dastardly things about to happen. EU hapopy to take the blame if the does what he says...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If there is a 4 year budget plan then i favour an Election now rather than Feb/March.

Let Kenny and Gilmore draw it up as they will be the ones implementing it.

People are probably beginning to grasp the fact that living standards and wages are going to fall a further 30% across the economy. People need to have a say in which parties implement the cuts

FF and the Greens need to go now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
    BS - mark my words, the EU didnt do a solo run, this is all choreographed. A plans is put in place, Lenihan gets to blame the EU for all the dastardly things about to happen. EU hapopy to take the blame if the does what he says...
    In other news today... RT News: Germany to complete WWI reparations

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast