Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've wasted 2 years and countless billions dealing with the banks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default We've wasted 2 years and countless billions dealing with the banks

Every decision Lenihan has made has been wrong
    In september 2008 Lenihan had the choice to either take temporary state control over the banks to prevent a run on the irish banking system.

Instead himself and Brian Cowen pledged to 'write any cheque necessary to protect confidence in the Irish banking system'
    2 years later, all the main Irish banks are nationalised at a cost an order of magnitude greater than their market value

Lenihan and Cowen focused all their efforts on trying to reassure the markets that Ireland is viable and financially stable. Our bond prices are now at 7% and the head of the NTMA has Begged Lenihan to pull out of the next 2 bond auctions.

Now Lenihan is on the radio blaming the markets for not being reasonable and for putting an unfair price on Irish debt.

Lenihan was challenged on newstalk about his quote "this is the cheapest bailout in the world" and his response was that he meant it as the cheapest bailout in the world 'so far'

Honestly, WHAT THE ************************! That's it right there, they are trying to push all the costs into the future, onto future generations, and more politically, onto future governments.

This craven government are sinking this country. They should be removed immediately and should face charges for treason.
    Actual morality is doing what is right regardless of what you're told. Religious morality is doing what you're told, regardless of if it's right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New just in ... Anglo will cost 29.3 Euros, probably rising to 34 billion.

AIB need another 3 billion.

This just goes on and on ....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The money's been p1ssed away and we've NOTHING to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_rebubblican View Post
    The money's been p1ssed away and we've NOTHING to show for it.
    ah now ah now ah now ah now ah now

call up Joe

ah now ah now ah now ah now ah now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never thought i'd say this but i think we need to rise up and overthrow this government as a people as they are destroying this great country. We need people marching on the streets now to demand a national government. My children will have no future here if FF keep this up for another few months. They seem to be delusional at this stage. Scary what's going on tbh.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland is finished. If you are not a member of FF or part of one of their Golden Circles then you should have yourself a load of grief and get out of the country.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brian Lenehan has just been on BBC R4 Today Prgoramme trying to explain his cunnning plan. This is supposed to impress the cursed markets, I imagine.

Politics.ie Member Dreaded_Estate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tweet from Dan Boyle

There can be sugar coating. These figures truly are horrendous. It tests our willingness as a responsible party of government.

Just heard Lennie on Today -BBC Radio 4's flagship politics show.I didnt hear the start but he got off quite lightly for Today,as nobody mentioned the obvious solution of letting Anglo fail.Good job it wasn't that rotweiler John Humphries!

They'll have to let it go ultimately and we'll be left to rue all the wasted billions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast