Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Street View Set to Go Live

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Street View Set to Go Live

    After a considerable delay, the Irish version of Google Street View is set to go live later today.

    Now I'll get to try and spot myself on the several times I saw the Google car passing me!

    Irish version of Google's Street View to go live today - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 30, 2010

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Why is Mary Hanafin not only appearing at the launch but officially launching it?!

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKELLY View Post
    Why is Mary Hanafin not only appearing at the launch but officially launching it?!
    A mapping service by Google is the obvious solution to our tourism problems....!?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    After a considerable delay, the Irish version of Google Street View is set to go live later today.

    Now I'll get to try and spot myself on the several times I saw the Google car passing me!

    Irish version of Google's Street View to go live today - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 30, 2010
    This might be a stupid question... but does anyone know how to get onto the "street view" site? Will it be a matter of just logging onto to google or google maps and it'll just be there?

    Also the google car passed me by as well so I'll be on the look out for myself too!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Twin Towers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Google street view is set to become unworkable in Germany with hundreds of thousands taking googles offer to have their properties pixeled out.

    Why were only the Germans and not the Irish given this option?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    above the zoom scrollbar on maps is an icon of a little man. You simply click and drag him to where ever you want to see and it will then change to the street view.
    Try it on somewhere like new york.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
    This might be a stupid question... but does anyone know how to get onto the "street view" site? Will it be a matter of just logging onto to google or google maps and it'll just be there?

    Also the google car passed me by as well so I'll be on the look out for myself too!
    On google maps there is a little yellow man icon on the left hand side of the map. From tomorrow morning you should be able to drag him onto the map and then it will transform to streetview. Give it a go in London.

    whitehall london - Google Maps

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
    This might be a stupid question... but does anyone know how to get onto the "street view" site? Will it be a matter of just logging onto to google or google maps and it'll just be there?

    Also the google car passed me by as well so I'll be on the look out for myself too!
    It's not a site.It's part of 'google earth'.you have to download the software (from google) and then run it and bingo there you go.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUnited View Post
    It's not a site.It's part of 'google earth'.you have to download the software (from google) and then run it and bingo there you go.
    its in google maps as well

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Its now live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •