Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin City Centre - A sad sad place to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin City Centre - A sad sad place to be

I was in Dublin City Centre today. I haven't been there for maybe a year but alot has changed since then. I thought there was alot of poverty, junkies everywhere! Alot of people from other countries walking around shouting in their native tongue. I have to say I was appalled. It was really horrible to see. I really felt like a foreigner in my own town, it was so sad

Are other counties suffering in this way?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Irish View Post
    I was in Dublin City Centre today. I haven't been there for maybe a year but alot has changed since then. I thought there was alot of poverty, junkies everywhere! Alot of people from other countries walking around shouting in their native tongue. I have to say I was appalled. It was really horrible to see. I really felt like a foreigner in my own town, it was so sad

A nice dose of racism to start the day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Irish View Post

Ditto Waterford,full with heroin as well, and I see our local FF TD on the paper boasting about getting more social housing which will be occupied by overseas spoofers .

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captainwillard View Post
    A nice dose of racism to start the day.
    Your correct..it's blatant
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the likes of Tallaght, Blanch, Liffey Valley etc all sprung up - there has been a gradual and constant tendency for people in those areas generally to keep away from the city centre.

As a kid in he 80s, it was a highlight for me and my bro's friends etc to bus it in to town - I don't have that anymore in any way.

Foreign people etc has nothing to do with it although what the thread creator has stated is true. Dublin city centre to me is a fake artificial impersonation of Ireland.

I always tell friends when coming to Ireland that if they know someone in the suburbs, take a trip out. That is where you will find the regular people.

Temple bar is simply another strip as seen in tenerife, ayia napa, ibiza etc.
    Its dressed up not to be, but really it is.

PS: As a kid, Henry street in the run up to Christmas was a fantastic place to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Park a truck on double yellows outside leinster house and about 15 squad cars are down on your case in a matter of minutes. Sell heroin in broad daylight on the main streets of Dublin City and you are sorted. Great city alright.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh man, I know how you feel. Just had a night out here in Los Angeles. Bloody Mexicans are EVERYWHERE. Why don't they go back to where they came from, instead of doing the lousy service jobs and hard manual labour?

Oh wait a mo: like millions of Irish, I'M THE FRIKKIN' FOREIGN IMMIGRANT!

Mods, curious: just what does a chap have to do to earn a ban around here? And how come charmers like "OLD IRISH" can start a thread, and I can't?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derm0t View Post
    Oh man, I know how you feel. Just had a night out here in Los Angeles. Bloody Mexicans are EVERYWHERE. Why don't they go back to where they came from, instead of doing the lousy service jobs and hard manual labour?

Oh wait a mo: like millions of Irish, I'M THE FRIKKIN' FOREIGN IMMIGRANT!

Mods, curious: just what does a chap have to do to earn a ban around here? And how come charmers like "OLD IRISH" can start a thread, and I can't?
    How are things in LA? State workers still getting paid in I.O.U's ?
    Are you getting welfare and social housing there?. Just wondering. Does the U.S have an historical obligation to Mexico?
    Reactionary,smug,numbskull.

PS: By the way,do you think it is acceptable that the Mexicans are forever consigned to doing these low paid menial jobs? Do you really think it helps them?

sounds no different to 1980s Dublin.

lets be honest like - Dublin was always a kip. never liked the city.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yosser View Post
    How are things in LA? State workers still getting paid in I.O.U's ?
    Are you getting welfare and social housing there?. Just wondering. Does the U.S have an historical obligation to Mexico?
    Reactionary,smug,numbskull.

PS: By the way,do you think it is acceptable that the Mexicans are forever consigned to doing these low paid menial jobs? Do you really think it helps them?
    I think you're missing the irony in his post.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast