Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Government publishes legislative agenda for autumn session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Government publishes legislative agenda for autumn session

It's below
    Department of Taoiseach - Government Legislation Programme

for myself the big disappointment is that there's nowt on Seanad Reform, not a dickie bird. Fact is if they're not even considering agreeing the heads of the bill at this stage then it won't be happening during the lifetime of this Dail.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, we're merging the NRA and the railway procurement agency, and cracking down on noise. And it looks like we might be diverting some of the SFI money away from 3rd level colleges.

Merging the National Consumer Agency and the Competition Authority, so more work for Celia, modernise and consolidate motor tax law ( more changes from pay per engine size and pollution to perhaps pay per mile?)

Health - To provide for a new risk equalisation scheme for health insurance and we're banning the under 18 from the sunbeds. Cos we've been so successful at banning under 18s from the drink. Here's a crazy idea, why not introduce differential taxation on using sunbeds so that it costs under 18s more to use them! A 50% VAT for kids!

Meanwhile over in Justice we're going after those who want to marry their cousins with a bill "to validate Embassy marriages, deal with marriages of convenience and clarify law on prohibition of marriages on affinity grounds"
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It says the IRP Bill 2010 is one of the "Bills before the Dáil and Seanad". For God's sake Cowen - enact the legislation and tell the IT and the Left to take a run and jump (metaphorically). 3 yrs is long enough for any legislation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"1. Forestry Bill To reform and update the legislative framework relating to forestry in order to support the development of a modern forestry sector, which enshrines the principles of sustainable forest management and protection of the environment"

Is this the legislation that'll enable the Gov't to sell Coillte off to Bertie's newest best buddies?
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently, legislation on Seanad Reform in respect of the 3rd level seats should be brought before the cabinet "as quickly as possible" or that's what Minister Gormley told me when I asked him today. How quickly is that exactly? You decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Theres some explosive stuff in there...

20 Explosives Bill To repeal the Explosives Act 1875 and replace it with a modern statutory framework for the control of the manufacture, storage, importation and supply of explosives
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES