Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: The future of Kerry Airport

Default The future of Kerry Airport

The impending closure by Ryanair of the PSO Kerry-Dublin route and replacement by a limited commercial service does little to promote development of the facility, even if the same airline has helped to expand the airport through flights to Germany, Portugal and Spain. I don't want the above to be seen as parochialism, but even if the service doesn't currently carry full loads, it can surely be made commerciallly viable with concerted investment.
    My political compass:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    The impending closure by Ryanair of the PSO Kerry-Dublin route and replacement by a limited commercial service does little to promote development of the facility, even if the same airline has helped to expand the airport through flights to Germany, Portugal and Spain. I don't want the above to be seen as parochialism, but even if the service doesn't currently carry full loads, it can surely be made commerciallly viable with concerted investment.
    Mark Daly on Radio this morning saying that the PSO contract should be given to the underbidder, which in this case would be Aer Arran. Sounded great and simple but the trouble is because Ryan Aer have put on a commercial flight with out PSO support the route canonnt be subsidised, therfore no chance of underbidder being awarded contract. Maybe Ryan Aer will be challenged in courts re breach of contract, by then both Aer Arann and Kerry Aerport may well be in more serious troubles.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it just me or is the case that Ryanair are driving their competitors out of business with their antics?

They cant be making to much from one flight a day but if it stops PSO flights then, Aer Arran or others are buggered.

Dog in the manger anyone?

good for competition me a*se
    I am Kilrain of the 20th Maine and I damn all gentlemen
    Whose only worth is their father's name and the sweat of a workin' man