Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Milliband has a go at Harriet Harman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default David Milliband has a go at Harriet Harman

Just on the news during Ed Milliband's speech when he said the war in Iraq was wrong.

David sits through speech stony faced, conference claps, most of front bench don't, except Harriet Harmon. David snaps turns to her and says "What are you clapping for, you voted for it?" Alistair Darlings face behind is a peach. Unfortunately Harmon was just out of shot.

Silly cow.

I'll try and find a clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOYbzTb7V18]YouTube - David Miliband rebukes shameless Harriet Harman...[/ame]

Towards the end of this.

I can't see brother David hanging around the Labour Party for very long.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, good to see a proper honest to god reaction from a politician for once.

He must have been fit to burst.

Didn't see her fake adoring smile in the earlier clip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's awesome. Crabby David Miliband is awesome.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic - great camera work - great to see his honest reaction

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was watching this and i thought david M. was going to burst, in fairness you cant blame him he is dissapointed and who wouldnt be i think most people here were surprised david didnt win,
    as for harmon she is a silly woman, clapping as if she was totally against the war when she was not, good on David M I hope he takes on a senior position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The return of the Kinnock leadership agenda and style.....God help the Labour Party.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see proper values being promoted and pressed forward.

It is intolerable that we, in this counrty of ours, do not place greater criticism on the gap that has emerged between rich and poor.

Without being party political, Sinn Féin are the only party pressing that message forward in our country.

Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he'd acted more like this during the Labour leadership race and less like a wet plank he might have won. Quite startling to see the flash of steel here (dream on Hilary!).

I thought David was toast the day he showed up in Manchester and said something to the rolling news channels about Alex Ferguson and winning teams and winning formations and all that aul bollox. Clearly hadn't the first clue what he was on about (he's an Arsenal fan apparantly lol) and sounded like a complete arse in fact. He also said something about getting the "train up here to Manchester" like it was an exotic FCO trip on the slow-boat to Zanzibar. It was all very Islington, very Blairite, very Mandelsonian. Oddly out of time.

And now the dust has settled we can definitely say that that silly little banana episode was something from which he never quite recovered. I think he was embarrassed about it at the time, but I very much doubt he ever thought it would have serious long-term consequences. Turns out it did though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite startling to see the flash of steel here (dream on Hilary!).
    Ooh er!

I think Hilary was about the only world leader Minibrain didn't p1ss off during his embarassing tenure as foreign secretary. But that, apparantly, had little to do with his political skills...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast