Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin North - FF wipeout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin North - FF wipeout

According to this weeks Fingal Independent, FF are set to lose both seats in Dublin North. This news has brought a tear to my eye, and a smile to my face. But seriously, do people believe this. I think that FF will keep one seat.

FIANNA Fáil is facing an election wipeout in the coming months with both Dublin North TDs set to lose their seats, a local senior party source has claimed. In an astonishing interview, the respected party member who wished to remain anonymous said the ousting of Taoiseach Brian Cowen was merely a ' matter of time' and predicted a General Election within six months, at which the Government would be ' decimated'.

Fingal News from The Fingal Independent Newspaper | News from Fingal, Co. Dublin & Leinster - Fingal-Independent.ie
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd imagine there'd have to be one seat. It's a five seater, if you gave Sargent one seat (personal vote), then to keep FF out, FG and Labour (or one with SP) would need to get two seats each. Can't see it. O'Brien should get back in at the expense of Kennedy.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a four seater. Kennedy would have been under pressure due to loss of a lot of his base to neighbouring contituencies in the last revision. On a good day, they might hold onto one seat. On a bad day, they won't imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    It's a four seater. Kennedy would have been under pressure due to loss of a lot of his base to neighbouring contituencies in the last revision. On a good day, they might hold onto one seat. On a bad day, they won't imo.
    My bad. Thought it was a five seater. That would mean two new TDs upscuttling two incumbents. Still can't see it.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    Can't see it. O'Brien should get back in at the expense of Kennedy.
    My thoughts exactly. Talking to friends who are party members (FF), they all feel that O'Brien will get back (narrowly) but he will get back
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. I wonder if this sort of story has the effect of rallying the local FF troops to try and save at least one seat, or if it's more likely to energise the other parties' local structures to make sure they don't.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kennedy will take the 3rd seat after o'briens eliminaton, ryan will take the first (because they cant get candidate stratedgy right), the sargent, then kennedy with fg fighting with daly for the last................

if fg get a little better and ff get even lower in the polls, fg will take the third with a right olde fight between kennedy for the fourth with daly.....

as for the 'senior source'.........some cheek there......should put up and run themselves.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drjimryan2 View Post
    kennedy will take the 3rd seat after o'briens eliminaton, ryan will take the first (because they cant get candidate stratedgy right), the sargent, then kennedy with fg fighting with daly for the last................

if fg get a little better and ff get even lower in the polls, fg will take the third with a right olde fight between kennedy for the fourth with daly.....

as for the 'senior source'.........some cheek there......should put up and run themselves.......
    FG will fly in here. James OReilly is the sitting TD. Kennedy has lost half his area to Dublin West. OBrien will take him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    My bad. Thought it was a five seater. That would mean two new TDs upscuttling two incumbents. Still can't see it.
    I think, LeDroit, you will be seeing things in the next general election that nobody, not you and not me, thought possible in the spring of 2008.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tricky constituency to call.
    The only certainty at this stage is that Lab will take a seat.
    Then you have Reilly, Sargeant, O'Brien, Kennedy and Daly all fighting it out for the other three.
    And if the Gilmore Gale was really blowing then a second Lab would not even be out of the question.
    My best guess is that it will be: Ryan, Reilly, Sargeant and O'Brien.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast